• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My medication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My medication

Do I need to take all my medication with me to mypip assessment also I use a tens machine should I take this with me. At home I have a community alarm installed do I take the fob I wear round my neck with me to prove I actually have this
    Tags: None

Re: My medication

Hi there ...

The first thing that you must do is to attend on time otherwise they can stop your PIP simply for non attendance ..... I have supplied a link here to the Citizens Advice Page on this very matter and if you find where it says 'Help sheet for the day of your assessment', there is a link that will take you to a sheet detailing how you should prepare and what you should bring on the day, namely medication, any aids that you use ( and are obviously portable ), any evidence about how your condition affects you that you didn’t include in your PIP claim form - forexample, from a health professional and a copy of your PIP claim form - you can refer to it in the assessment and it’s a good way to make sureyou tell the assessor everything you want them to know about how your condition affects you.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...ur-assessment/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Do...assessment.pdf

Comment

Hi there thanks only just found this forum my assesment is in the morning at 9.00am my husband is coming with me as I can't travel on public transport on my own. Husband also took photos of my bath bubble as no one seems to have herd of this before so he can she the assessor photos of it if required my tummy has been upset all day/ night I'm going from DLA for life to PIP but always had home visits when it was DLA before I was finally awarded it for life this time we need to travel 16 miles just as well my daughter can take us in the car.

Comment

Had my assesment yesterday which only lasted 25 mins was only asked about which medication I take & if I need help getting dressed,bathed etc. Had my husband with me he helped answer some questions for me & put his case across about how he only goes out to work because I have a community alarm at home so if I fall or take ILL I have help at hand was asked if I can prepare & cook a meal which I can't he tested my legs & hands but I got so upset at one point that he said he wouldn't go any further as he could see how distressed I was getting. Now it's just a case of wait & see I was on DLA indefinetly getting changed over to pip so fingers crossed although I don't hold out much hope of getting anything.

Comment

Thanks for the update ..... I appreciate just how harrowing these things can be. MY late wife was diagnosed with MS in 1990 and passed away in 2008, aged 58, after spending ten years in a nursing home. That was harrowing enough but to also have to complete lengthy forms every few years and prove that she couldn't move or talk was very painful. You didn't mention your own disability but I wish you well in your claim ...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife my own disability's are osteoarthritis,type 2 diabetic,spondylosis in my neck & shoulder,tendonitis in my foot, high blood pressure & cholesterol, depression & anxiety. I have been suicidal & even tried to take an over dose because of the pain I'm in but I wasn't really asked much about any of this I had to squeeze the assessor' hand & push his hand away with my foot which really hurt I was crying because I was in so much pain. So just playing the waiting game now but my gut instinct tells me I won't get anything even though I was on high rate for disability with DLA & middle rate for care will keep you posted on the out come of it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X