• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car faulty after six days from purchase.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used car faulty after six days from purchase.

Hello,
    a further email from the Motor Trader :

Just managed to speak to the courts.

The order is still being processed
    & until it is typed the 14 days does not start until then.

There is a
    problem understanding the judges handwriting I am told.

Regards,

I have written back informing him he is incorrect and the Judgement for 14 days to pay starts from the date of the hearing.

Comment

Correct...... Should have atended court!
      CPR 40:When judgment or order takes effect

(1) A judgment or order takes effect from the day when it is given or made, or such later date as the court may specify.
      (2) This rule applies to all judgments and orders except those to which rule 40.10 (judgment against a State) applies.

Comment

Thank you. It may well be the case that the Court has specified a later date because of the referral to the Judge for clarification. I will have to wait for the papers.
        I have to be careful if CPR rule 40.11 applies, Time for complying with a judgment or order.
        Last edited by explorer121; 25th July 2016, 17:24:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X