• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Currys faulty samsung oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Currys faulty samsung oven

Do yourself a favour get that letter into currys to-day to cover yourself, keep a copy for your records of time/date/name of person in customer services accepting it.

do this regardless of phone calls, it is your legal notice to use as a back up if needed.

Comment

They are still saying they need to send out an engineer to verify it's faulty. I've told them I don't want an engineer and I've spouted all my rights. He just keeps coming back with, well it will take this long to collect it and we can't refund you until we've collected it, so lets get an engineer out in the meantime. I'm pulling my hair out. They said if I take it to the shop I will still have to wait for it to be collected from there'd then process a refund. He's now gone away to see if they can get one of their engineers out on Monday and take it away with them. Should I settle for this? I can't see that I'm going to get a better option. I can't buy another oven until I get my money back on this one.

Comment

If an engineer comes out I don't void my right to a refund do I? I'm just wondering if it's their way out of giving people the money back.

Comment

If they have to send an engineer to determine the fault then it they can do that, but it must be within a reasonable time and not lets say 3-4 weeks or so as that is at an inconvenience to you. They then have to process the refund within 14 days and you could argue until the engineer has come out to check it, your clock for getting a refund within 30 days would stop until the day the engineer has viewed it and then restarts.

You wont void your rights if an engineer comes out.
          Last edited by R0b; 2nd January 2016, 12:08:PM. Reason: re-write
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Well, seems we might be getting somewhere. I had emailed the CEO of currys yesterday and also the day before filled out a review on their service etc. My partner has just had a call from a David Wagstaff whom the CEO has asked to contact us. He is going to try and get around the system and has said he will reimburse us for all the meals we have had to eat out. I think the fact that we are foster carers might have had something to do with it. I'll keep you posted when we get a resolve.
            Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Note that the refund must be in the same manner as you paid for the item.
              So if you paid cash, the refund must be cash: if you paid via a debit card, the refund must be via the debit card etc.

Comment

you are welcome

Note:- bit worried for a moment as the name you quoted was the name of an old Army mate of mine who died a few years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by christinez View Post
                  Hi,

I wonder if someone can tell me how I stand with a recent purchase. To cut a very long story short.

Purchased a Samsung oven on 26th December 2015. I took delivery next day 27th December 2015. Cooked in it on 29th December. It took 40 mins to cook a 20 minute meal. Used it again on 29th the oven was beeping all through the cooking which took double the time again.

Called the number on the email to find I was talking to someone in the Philippines. Had to hang up as I couldn't understand them and they couldn't understand me. Decided to go to our local Currys. They had us running backwards and forwards to our house and said we had to be in store to get a refund. Then they said we had to have an engineer out. Spent all day on 31st on the phone and at the store. They won't budge. We were told to call again yesterday New Years day, they said they would try and sort it and nothing, no call or anything.

Bottom line I have an oven that isn't working properly and I want my money back and they won't give us our money back without and engineer coming out first.

How do I stand?

Thank you in advance for any help as I'm going out of my mind with frustration!
                  Christine
                  If you do not have an oven what will you use to cook? Wouldn't a replacement cooker be a better option rather than your money back? Supply = delivery of cooker. Services = make cooker operate, ie fit plug and test the cooker. I assume you never purchased in the course of business, ie you're a consumer. Since you paid by credit card you could make a claim under s.75, Consumer Credit Act 1974 reliant on breach of contract by way of section 4, Supply and Services of Goods' Acts 1982 (amended by 1994 Act)). Section 4 relates to implied terms of fitness/ quality, ie products supplied must be in working order when brand new, for a start. I am not really au fait with the new Consumer Act 2015, in any event it'll just have amended the 1982/ 1994 Act and other relevant consumer legislation. You can make a claim to the Ombudsman if the credit card company says it won't give you your money back. Under law you're simply entitled to reject goods where they're defective. For a quicker turnaround you could take the supplier to court for breach of said term too. So, you do have options at your disposal. Or, if you need a cooker you could just have the defective one replaced or repaired.
                  Last edited by Openlaw15; 2nd January 2016, 12:48:PM.

Comment

probably do as I would do go elsewhere since they started to give the run around, they are not worth the business if they start to argue, deal with genuine company who act on reports and not try to fob off!

Currys have a bad reputation in this area of complaints, as many a forum over the years will show, and their attitude.

Comment

Exactly Mike 770, why should I have a replacement off a company that treat their customers like that. I shall never buy another product off them as long as I live. If I had known they were like this I would never have given them business. I'll be going elsewhere for my replacement. I hope Mr Wagstaff is not a ghost then lol!

Comment

I am not saying this is the cause of the problem but be wary about saying it just needed a plug fitted. If the appliance was designed to run off of a plug then , due to eu rules, it would have come with a plug fitted. This is because only qualified persons are deemed as competent to wire a plug, I know it sounds crazy but it is why a lot of appliances have moulded plugs fitted. if it hasn't got a plug fitted then it would have to be installed by a competent professional.

Comment

Just out of curiosity what is the model number, just going to google see if it's a known fault

Comment

Model number Samsung NV75J3140BB

They are collecting it on Monday. David Wagstaff has said no engineer needed as it's obviously a thermostat issue. Obviously broken, even a lowly woman like me can establish that fact. Still, result!
                            Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                              Since you paid by credit card you could make a claim under s.75, Consumer Credit Act 1974
                              Post 8 "we paid on debit card"

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                                I am not saying this is the cause of the problem but be wary about saying it just needed a plug fitted. If the appliance was designed to run off of a plug then , due to eu rules, it would have come with a plug fitted. This is because only qualified persons are deemed as competent to wire a plug, I know it sounds crazy but it is why a lot of appliances have moulded plugs fitted. if it hasn't got a plug fitted then it would have to be installed by a competent professional.
                                The EU is more a business entity: ie freedom/ movement: capital, services, goods, persons - ie an internal market. But since the founding Treaty it has taken on its self what were normally member state competencies, some for good ie Equality Acts....some not so good, which are more obvious than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                                Post 8 "we paid on debit card"
                                Yep, shame we can't have all the facts immediately from OPs to save all the answers being slowly teased out, but we don't all think like lawyers so that's ok

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X