• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can an old debt get a CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: can an old debt get a CCJ?

I do not know if this matters,but the form was not the colour like this one. Thanks.
    also the letter they sent was dated 16/10/2014, that was a Thursday, so do the 14 days start from then , as I need to keep an time for my reply??? Thanks
    Last edited by Caroll54; 20th October 2014, 11:29:AM.

Comment

Morning everyone, it has been a week, I have received no letters?

Comment

What letters are you waiting for ?

Have you completed your N244 for the set aside yet ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The letter asking for original credit agreement, and me asking what method of payment was used for the last credit they said I paid, they said the debt is not over 6 years which is correct, so surely I can not ask to set it aside, also just got letter from them, I enclosed postal order, as I didn't make it payable to them, so I have to fill it with their name and send it back, thanks for your reply.

Comment

So would anyone suggest I send the set aside form???? I did not, as they are right, the 6 years are not up?.. So really I'm confused....... Do I wait for the credit agreement and the method of payment used???? As they said, the time has not passed for me to apply for statue barred

Comment

Also I still have the monthly expenditure form, which I have 14 days to complete, as I do not have any income, I can only fill it out with 0 , so do I wait till I send that?
              sorry to keep asking....

Comment

May I ask , the set aside form, as its not been over 6 years since I made a credit to them , as they say, can I use the set aside form and use the defence that why has it taken them 5 years an so many months until they decide to place a CCJ on my account, and also state that I do not work, have no savings, only rent the property, and my partner pays for everything???? Also if I did not request hearing it would only cost £50

Comment

If you are applying to set aside it would be because you wish to defend the claim.

If you want to change the judgment order to monthly instalment payments then you would apply to vary the order. The CCJ would remain but the judge would look at your circumstances and amend the order so you pay set amounts each month.

If you have no defence and just want to sort out payments then complete the income and expenditure form.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I am waiting for the credit agreement to come, if they come will it look better for me? I can not ask them to make payments as I have no income, also someone on this forum did say my partner is not liable for my debt, so how could I make payments, is there any chance of me defending the case???? I'm hoping for some good news, thank you Amethyst

Comment

Just received this letter.

re: Cabot

ref: xxxxxxxx
                      claim: xxxxxxx

We refer to the above matter, and your recent correspondent.
                      we confirm that we have requested the documents from our client and these will be forwarded to you upon receipt.

your account is on hold in the meantime.

Comment

Hello, just wanted to say, since my last post, I have heard nothing, still waiting for the credit agreement, and them to confirm how my last credit was paid? Anyone have any ideas on this. Thanks.
                        Last edited by Caroll54; 13th November 2014, 09:26:AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

If they can not find the agreement, am I able to ask them to remove the CCJ. Thanks

Comment

I have also just read, that if you were not informed about the CCJ, which I did not, I only found out through my credit report, then I can appeal, so I'm filling form out? Can anyone please tell me if this is the right thing to do any reply would be welcome

Comment

Only a Court can cancel a CCJ That's why your making your appeal init! Also when they made their original application to the court did they know where you lived during that same time?

Comment

You need to apply to set aside the judgment OR apply to vary the order to an installment order.

You won't be statute barred if you paid March 2009 as they bought the claim within 6 years of that date.

You do need to get the set aside application sent off - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...lication-notes

If that goes through the CCJ will be removed from your credit file, but you will then need to defend the case.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X