• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My business died before it even began...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My business died before it even began...

While you do that, did you find the link to the offer? on your email ?

Could you also pm me the phone number you used to contact them.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay. I'm sure you'll note the telephone number does not exist anymore. For the benefit of others we will post up everything in detail tomorrow, but basically Mad has been the victim of a scam.

We seem to have gotten to the bottom of this but have some more work to do and some bits to go through tomorrow. Sorry to have shocked you so much and really, do NOT blame yourself. These guys are really clever. The money will be claimable through section 75 as Mad used a credit card for the payment - thank goodness.

Mad - once you have checked your credit card transactions you need to cancel the card and report this to the police.

We'll gather the info tomorrow once Mad is over the shock.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Well that's not looking very good on the SOGA front, I don't think that is fatal as this is a non supply issue.
        Why does the law matter here?

Just report that Richard Head to Adobe.

Their (American) CEO is Mr Shantanu Narayen - email snarayen@adobe.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mad View Post
          When I called them, he told me his name was Richard - and that he was the owner of the company.
          Does this mean you're in something of a Branson Pickle? :grin:

Comment

Good morning, I hope you slept well.

Things to do today list

1: Check your credit card statement (other transactions etc) Particularly ref the laptop refund - what is the name of the company on there? I would also recommend cancelling your card if it has been given to less than scrupulous people.

2: Contact card provider and tell them you wish to make a Section 75 Claim (easy guide on MSe - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...-purchases#how )

3: Contact the police and give them all the information you have (including where you found the advert for the laptop and Adobe Suite and the web address used / telephone number etc)

One part that does still confuse me is that on your original post you mentioned ''Throughout the day I continued to purchase some more items from the same company, another £359.99 was spent for a laptop computer'' - was there anything else ? How did you make those purchases (online/ telephone etc?)? If you can go through the process of your purchases from the beginning in a step by step (on here) hopefully it will be clearer and as I mentioned yesterday I am out for most of the day I think you are quite okay to post up the company names used in this and others will be able to advise you as well.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Mad, Hope you are okay and not beating yourself up over this. Let me know if you have managed to speak to your credit card company regarding section 75 and cancelled the card to safeguard against future fraudulent transactions, but mainly let me know you're ok xx Regards, Sharon.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

It shouldn't be necessary to cancel the card to stop payment of any CPA.

Who is the company involved?

Comment

I'm not sure as yet - they purported to be PC World. ( The phone number is dead and you have to register on PC World website to make a purchase - plus though PC World customer service isn't fabulous it isn't THAT bad )

It isn't a CPA but card details have been given to a possible scammer so would it not be wise to cancel?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    I'm not sure as yet - they purported to be PC World. ( The phone number is dead and you have to register on PC World website to make a purchase - plus though PC World customer service isn't fabulous it isn't THAT bad )

It isn't a CPA but card details have been given to a possible scammer so would it not be wise to cancel?

Scammer has card details but also has merchant number to process the credit card so yes 100% cancel the card would be my advice.
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Now a days every big orgnization is moving there business to online services because people in this era want to save there time and money, it becomes a trend to do online shopping so it's better to move on with the time. You can have some views of online shopping from kodwahat.com
                      Last edited by Rebecca01; 19th May 2014, 10:59:AM. Reason: link removed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X