• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

Hi, hoping for a little help. I have an outstanding debt with HSBC for around £7000, which is due to become statute barred in about 6 weeks. However, 8 weeks ago, my other half received a form from HSBC saying that they believed he had been missold PPI, which he signed and returned. We then had a letter telling us HSBC had bought back the debt from the agency they had sold it to, and have today received a letter offering him £840 which is to be offset against the amount owed. My question is, if we accept the offer, is that deemed to be a payment made, therefore restarting the 6 year period? Or has my beloved other already reset the clock by making the claim?
    Tags: None

Re: Hi Everyone

​Hi and to LegalBeagles..I can't answer your questions but I'm sure one of the clever bods who can will pop by soon
    Last edited by Inca; 10th June 2013, 11:24:AM. Reason: I'm a pleb!!

Comment

Thanks Inca, nice to meet you!

Comment

Originally posted by tj79 View Post
        Hi, hoping for a little help. I have an outstanding debt with HSBC for around £7000, which is due to become statute barred in about 6 weeks. However, 8 weeks ago, my other half received a form from HSBC saying that they believed he had been missold PPI, which he signed and returned. We then had a letter telling us HSBC had bought back the debt from the agency they had sold it to, and have today received a letter offering him £840 which is to be offset against the amount owed. My question is, if we accept the offer, is that deemed to be a payment made, therefore restarting the 6 year period? Or has my beloved other already reset the clock by making the claim?
        In whose name(s) was the £7000 debt incurred?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X