• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA's

Hi, Everyone.

I work abroad, but live in Scotland.
    I am presently having a torrid time with Lovell Group over a Barclaycard debt of £3,500.
    It has taken 15 months for Barclays to finally admit that they have sold the debt. Prior to this, I was receiving letters and telephone calls from companies purporting to act as "agents" for Barclays.
    Apart from the fact that it is disgusting practice for a British High Street Bank to sell its customers accounts to non-banks (and where is the Banking Regulator in all of this ??),
    I would like to know if the legal position for assigned debt is the same in Scotland as it is in England.
    At the present time, I have refused to accept Lowell Group's statement that the debt is assigned, and am demanding a full accounting from Barclays to include the price at which they sold the debt.
    I assume that Lowells probably paid less than 20% of face value and therefore stand to make huge profits during these times of hardship.

Any legal advice is appreciated.
    Cheers

derekafarmer
    Tags: None

Re: DCA's

Hello and welcome to LB

I am sure someone will be here at some point to help you through this matter.

Wishing you luck and hope all is resolved very soon, fingers crossed.

Comment

Re: DCA's

Sounds like normal SOP for Sharkley I'm afraid.

Forcing them to answer your questions is a good approach and clearly puts the account into dispute.
      As for Lowell, I would inform them for the dispute with B'card and that you will NOT converse with them until such time as it is resolved.

Have a read through the first link in my siggie for some helpful advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X