• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group Uk Portfolios Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group Uk Portfolios Ltd

Hi,
    I am hoping I can get some advice on this old credit card debt to MBNA dating back before 2006.

At some point it was taken over by the debt company Buchanan,Clark and Wells. I received correspondence from BCW and also had a couple of phone conversations regarding the payment plan at that time. A monthly DD was agreed with BCW which I have been paying regularly since 2006 via DD.

I believe Pra must have taken control or acquired this debt at some point but I only have letters from Pra dated 2021, which was during the Coronavirus period with options to manage the debt, but no mention that they had acquired it and no correspondence from BCW to say they had sold it.

DD have since been paid to Pra from 2021 via a new account and sort number that I think PRA gave me, but this was still showing as a BCW account number, but unfortunately I cannot remember how I was given this new information, whether it was via a letter or a text message.

I received a further statement from Pra in Feb 2022 stating my outstanding balance and confirming that they had received 11 monthly payments via DD, however, as I stated this was still paid via a BCW account.
    Unfortunately due to the length of time I cannot remember if I was informed of the transition from BCW to Pra however, I continued to make the same payment via the new account and sort number I think Pra had given me. I have moved a number of times and I have mislaid any original paperwork before 2006.

I have had a daily call from Pra for a long time now which I do not answer.

In Jan 2024 they informed via letter me that they are the legal owers of this MBNA account which they stated has been transferred from PRA Group UK to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd. There is no change, your acc will continue to be managed through PRA Group UK, but the benefits, rights, title and interests are now owned by PRA GRoup UK Portfolios Ltd. If you are paying us directly through a debt management comp or third party please continue with your agreed payments.
    However, they have recently written to me to say we can confirm we are receiving payments towards your account, however, these payments are received via BCW Group Plc. Please do not make any further payments to them and cancel any DD, and to contact them (PRA) as they need to understand my circumstances to come to a new payment plan.

I am reluctant to have any contact with them as I am not sure of my position regarding this.

Any advice regarding this would be most appreciated and helpful.

Thank's in advance.
    Last edited by ULA; 19th June 2024, 12:26:PM. Reason: Just added some paragraphs
    Tags: None

Hi PBKS

Welcome to LB

Can you add paragraphs to your post.

a) Send the Creditor a CCA request, if they can't provide a copy of the agreement then the account is 'unenforceable', you can stop payments until they comply with your request, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

b) Send the Creditor a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they have on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi PBKS

Welcome to LB

Can you add paragraphs to your post.

a) Send the Creditor a CCA request, if they can't provide a copy of the agreement then the account is 'unenforceable', you can stop payments until they comply with your request, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

b) Send the Creditor a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they have on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Thank you ECHAT11 for your response and advice.
      Sorry about the paragraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by pbks View Post

Thank you ECHAT11 for your response and advice.
        Sorry about the paragraphs.
        Update the thread when you get a response.

Comment

Update the thread when you get a response.
          Hello ECHAT11,

Further to my previous emails in June, I sent a a CCA to PRA but received no acknowledgement so i do not know if they received it. I had to have someone post it for me as I was not well at the time. I asked them to make sure they got proof of posting. At the time they said they had but when I later chased this up with them they apologised and said they had mislaid the proof receipt which I was obviously not happy about. However, I received a letter from PRA group dated 8th August 2024, stating we have tried to contact you in order to undersrand your circumstances. As we have been unable to do this your account is being transferred to Moorcroft Debt recovery. They will be in contact with you after the 15/08/2024.to reach a suitable resolution. If you would like to contact them before their contact details are as follows. And they enclosed an address and telephone number.

Moorcroft sent me a letter dated 22/08/2024. Stating your account details have been passed to us by PRA GROUP UK LTD to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with your account.

We offer a flexible approach to repaying your account and have different options to suit. You may have been unable to find a suitable repayment plan previously but we believe we can help.

We will be in contact with you in the coming days either by letter and/or phone to discuss repayment options.

Yesterday I received a text message from them stating, Hello, and my name,We are Moorcroft and we recently contacted you regarding your PRA GROUP UK account. Call us on this number so we can discuss next steps. Many services inluding a payment plan. You can also access us on line enclosing this ref number.

My intention is to contact them by letter to request a CCA and, also to request a notice of assignment. I will be dealing with this directly so I will obtain proof of posting.

Is there anything else that I need to do at this time?.

Thanking you in advance for any advice.

Comment

p.s. I have just realised I don't need to request a notice of assignment as this is what is provided by PRA and Moorcroft when they notifified me by letter.
            Thank's

Comment

Update when you get a response.

Comment

Hello ECHATT11,

I have received a letter from Moorcroft last week stating they have received my request for a copy of the CCA.

They confirm it has been referred to their client for processing. However, they have returned the £1.00 fee as they have been informed by their client they no longer require the £1.00 fee for this service.

Once we have received contact from our client we will contact you accordingly.

If you require anything furtner in relation to this please contact us.

However, the next day I received 2 further letters which were dated after that letter, which I assumed from the contents had not been aware of my request for the CCA. The first one states. RE: PRA GROUP. We have been unable to make contact with you following our recent letter. Our aim is to establish a repayment plan that you can afford.

If no contact is made upon receipt of this letter we may have no alternative than to continue with further debt recovery action.

Further action could be this or another DCA continuing to contact you by letter or telephone.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The second one dated the day after states. Thank you for your payment which you have recently made to our client.

We are now responsible for managing this account, and we would like to speak to you regarding an affordable offer of repayment.

You now need to make payments direct to us so your balance is updated accordingly. This will enable us to not have to send further letters or make further phone calls.

As I mentioned I feel those letters have crossed even though they are dated after my CCA request and do not feel I should respond to the 2 letters dated after their letter confirming receipt of my CCA request.?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Update when you get a response.
                  Hello ECHATT11,

I have received a letter from Moorcroft last week stating they have received my request for a copy of the CCA.

They confirm it has been referred to their client for processing. However, they have returned the £1.00 fee as they have been informed by their client they no longer require the £1.00 fee for this service.

However, the next day I received 2 further letters which were dated after that letter, which I assumed from the contents had not been aware of my request for the CCA. The first one states. RE: PRA GROUP. We have been unable to make contact with you following our recent letter. Our aim is to establish a repayment plan that you can afford.

If no contact is made upon receipt of this letter we may have no alternative than to continue with further debt recovery action.

Further action could be this or another DCA continuing to contact you by letter or telephone.

The second one dated the day after states. Thank you for your payment which you have recently made to our client.

We are now responsible for managing this account, and we would like to speak to you regarding an affordable offer of repayment.

You now need to make payments direct to us so your balance is updated accordingly. This will enable us to not have to send further letters or make further phone calls.

As I mentioned I feel those letters have crossed even though they are dated after my CCA request and do not feel I should respond to the 2 letters dated after their letter confirming receipt of my CCA request.?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by pbks View Post
                    Hello ECHATT11,

Thank you in advance.
                    Sometimes they try to 'muddy' the waters, so even if the letters has crossed or they've sent them deliberately, your path is clear, you've sent a CCA request, that needs to be followed up, if not received within 12 days. So wait for it, then a follow up letter.

Comment

Sometimes they try to 'muddy' the waters, so even if the letters has crossed or they've sent them deliberately, your path is clear, you've sent a CCA request, that needs to be followed up, if not received within 12 days. So wait for it, then a follow up letter.
                      Thank you for the advice.

I will update once I receive any response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X