• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group Uk Portfolios Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group Uk Portfolios Ltd

Hi,
    I am hoping I can get some advice on this old credit card debt to MBNA dating back before 2006.

At some point it was taken over by the debt company Buchanan,Clark and Wells. I received correspondence from BCW and also had a couple of phone conversations regarding the payment plan at that time. A monthly DD was agreed with BCW which I have been paying regularly since 2006 via DD.

I believe Pra must have taken control or acquired this debt at some point but I only have letters from Pra dated 2021, which was during the Coronavirus period with options to manage the debt, but no mention that they had acquired it and no correspondence from BCW to say they had sold it.

DD have since been paid to Pra from 2021 via a new account and sort number that I think PRA gave me, but this was still showing as a BCW account number, but unfortunately I cannot remember how I was given this new information, whether it was via a letter or a text message.

I received a further statement from Pra in Feb 2022 stating my outstanding balance and confirming that they had received 11 monthly payments via DD, however, as I stated this was still paid via a BCW account.
    Unfortunately due to the length of time I cannot remember if I was informed of the transition from BCW to Pra however, I continued to make the same payment via the new account and sort number I think Pra had given me. I have moved a number of times and I have mislaid any original paperwork before 2006.

I have had a daily call from Pra for a long time now which I do not answer.

In Jan 2024 they informed via letter me that they are the legal owers of this MBNA account which they stated has been transferred from PRA Group UK to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd. There is no change, your acc will continue to be managed through PRA Group UK, but the benefits, rights, title and interests are now owned by PRA GRoup UK Portfolios Ltd. If you are paying us directly through a debt management comp or third party please continue with your agreed payments.
    However, they have recently written to me to say we can confirm we are receiving payments towards your account, however, these payments are received via BCW Group Plc. Please do not make any further payments to them and cancel any DD, and to contact them (PRA) as they need to understand my circumstances to come to a new payment plan.

I am reluctant to have any contact with them as I am not sure of my position regarding this.

Any advice regarding this would be most appreciated and helpful.

Thank's in advance.
    Last edited by ULA; 19th June 2024, 12:26:PM. Reason: Just added some paragraphs
    Tags: None

Hi PBKS

Welcome to LB

Can you add paragraphs to your post.

a) Send the Creditor a CCA request, if they can't provide a copy of the agreement then the account is 'unenforceable', you can stop payments until they comply with your request, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

b) Send the Creditor a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they have on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi PBKS

Welcome to LB

Can you add paragraphs to your post.

a) Send the Creditor a CCA request, if they can't provide a copy of the agreement then the account is 'unenforceable', you can stop payments until they comply with your request, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

b) Send the Creditor a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they have on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Thank you ECHAT11 for your response and advice.
      Sorry about the paragraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by pbks View Post

Thank you ECHAT11 for your response and advice.
        Sorry about the paragraphs.
        Update the thread when you get a response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X