• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please can you help me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can you help me

Hi im just looking for some advice

I shoplifted the other day from primark i no i shouldent have and i feel so ashamed and bad i just been going through hard time trying provide i no thats no excuse
    when they took me to the room they took me photo for there data and a photo of my id i eneded up getting the money together to pay for the stuff it was 106 pound they give me a letter about RLP the police werent called and they said i wasnt banned but ill have wait for this RLP letter and that i could still go to court

I no it is my own doing and own fault but i am so scared and worried because they also mentioned social services my child wasnt with me but its scared me so much my child could now be taken from me if i go to court
    Tags: None

How long will it also take for a RLP letter come to my address and a summon to court if it does happen

Comment

So sorry des8 could you please talk to me on this thread im stressing so much

Comment

Louisehughes I appreciate this is a really anxious time for you.

We are a volunteer community and not always online des8 will be alerted to the fact you have take tagged them into this thread and will no doubt respond back to you with some advice.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Okay thankyou coukd you please help im so scared and worried i no i did wrong but i cant even eat im stressing so much keep thinking a car door is the police

Comment

ULA How long will it take for a RLP letter come through

Comment

I am not sure how long it will be before you receive a letter from RLP.

However although this is not my area of expertise, I know from other threads on the forum in relation to this issue that RLP do not have the authority to fine people. The issuing of fines is down to the courts and certain public authorities who can issue fixed penalties.

RLP will send a "scary" letter asking you to pay their invoice for losses which have not been incurred. Our advice is ignore.

But please wait for des8 to respond as they have more knowledge in this area than me.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

ULA okay thankyou

can i just ask what you opinion is on the likley hood i will go to court xx

Comment

From your post it seems like you paid for the items, the police were not called and you were not banned so not likely that you will go to court.

Please, I know it is hard but try to stop stressing.

Comment

I am stressing so much im crying all the time i dont want get out off bed i no i did wrong and was so stupid but i am panicing so much

Comment

As ULA has already reassured you, nothing, but nothing will happen.

From a criminal point of view the police will not be involved.
                      It costs Primark (in time making out reports etc) if they involve the police.
                      If the police were involved all you would receive would be at most a conditional caution, and it gets Primark nothing.
                      You would not be going to court and your children would not be removed from your care

So Primark make a report to RLP, who tell primark they will recover Primark's costs etc.
                      RLP try to do this by writing very scary letters to people caught shoplifting.
                      Primark lost nothing as they recovered the goods you were trying to steal.
                      Primarks employees who caught you were only doing their job for which they are paid, so your actions did not cost them anything

RLP try to say you should pay some of those costs, but as was found in court a few years ago, RLP are wrong.
                      They no longer start court processes because they know they will lose and it will cost them money

So RLP set themselves up as judge, jury and executioner in their own version of what is right.
                      They should be ignored.

You can read the sort of letters they send here: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf
                      The first letter may be received up to 6 weeks after the incident

Try not to stress over this incident.
                      Concentrate on looking after your child
                      If you cannot relax and the stress is too much, perhaps you should consult your doctor (who will not judge you and has heard it all before)
                      Your child comes first

Comment

I no im just so scared thete was 3 people in the room one person was okay and there was another guy who was desciding everything has put fear into me he let me pay for the items but said that rlp will contact me to pay for security time and cost and then primark can decide if they will take me court but no police were called and they havent banned me they have taken my photo for there database ( will that be pinned up on a wall so all staff can see) the man also mentioned social services and thats wa is eatimg away at me because i love my girl so much

Thankyou des8

I no i did wrong and i no i shouldnt be worrig as i have no right to as i did do wrong but im just so scared

Comment

Because of the financial problems you have (you mentioned difficulty in providing for your child) you did something rather silly.
                          Now in this country we don't send people to prison for one little mistake, nor do we remove children from their parents.

Perhaps you should contact someone like Citizens Advice to make sure you are receiving all the help and support you need.

Regarding Primark's man saying they will wait to see what RLP do, and comments about social services, that is just him trying to scare you.
                          Unfortunately he has been successful.

Primark will not take this further
                          RLP will try and squeeze some money out off you by writing scary letters. They are very good at writing letters (see those linked to in post 11) but you mustn't let them frighten you.

Nothing is going to happen

Comment

des8 yea he has because hes saying i could go court and then get a criminal record

i been reading on google that a mp called chris is trying to get all shopliftimg prosecuted so this is why i am worrying more i no i shouldnt google to much

If i dont get a summon letter within a year do you think i will be okay i never really go primark maybe once or twice a year will they keep me on data base forever and show all the staff who i am or just keep my photo between security

Comment

Chris Philp is a Tory, so wouldn't expect any sympathy from him.
                              Luckily he won't get his way as the police don't have the resources to criminalise everybody.

Although you weren't formally banned I would just avoid that Primark for a few months.

You won't suddenly ever get a summons... it doesn't work like that.
                              If it is a criminal case the police would interview you first
                              If it is a civil case Primark have to write to you first before going to court.

None of that will happen. It will not go to court and you will not get a criminal record

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X