• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delay repay on trains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never ever believe it will be a friendly chat and that wording of the email is very specifically misleading.

Revenue Protection officers do not have to record their interviews under caution, they will give a witness statement based on the notes they will make in their notebook.

My son is autistic and that is how I knew about the obsession, I see it first hand and he also is very forthright when communicating, so I completely understand how it can come across as rude to people who are not used to it.

As I said, they may well want to come to an amicable arrangement, but I would specifically want it in writing that it is not an interview under caution before I believe it isn't going to be one.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
      Never ever believe it will be a friendly chat and that wording of the email is very specifically misleading.

Revenue Protection officers do not have to record their interviews under caution, they will give a witness statement based on the notes they will make in their notebook.

My son is autistic and that is how I knew about the obsession, I see it first hand and he also is very forthright when communicating, so I completely understand how it can come across as rude to people who are not used to it.

As I said, they may well want to come to an amicable arrangement, but I would specifically want it in writing that it is not an interview under caution before I believe it isn't going to be one.

thankyou for reply.
      The interview was cancelled. As I spoke the person investigating. Explained to him my sons autism and mental health. Also my son has a mental age on someone 9 years younger than he is. That he has a registered carer. Which I provided proof of all this. Said it would not be a good idea for my son to go in the interview on his own as he didn’t want me to go with him. Explained that due to his Autism he says the first thing that comes into his head.
      so now I’m waiting on a call from his manager the head of fraud department

Comment

They may just write this off as being too much hassle for them and too distressing for your son, but even with a mental age of 14 your son is above the age of criminal responsibility. They may decided to proceed and whilst your son does not want you there, they may just suggest he bring someone else to support him during the meeting.

If they don't proceed and they want to come to some sort of agreement about paying for what he claimed make sure:

1. what is offered is realistically affordable, he has a limited income that is meant to be 'the minimum required to live' in this country.
        2. there is no admission of guilt as if he defaults on payments they could use that against him.
        3. any documentation should refer to the payments being 'goodwill gestures' on the part of your son not repayments. Repaying them is a form of admission of guilt.

COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
          They may just write this off as being too much hassle for them and too distressing for your son, but even with a mental age of 14 your son is above the age of criminal responsibility. They may decided to proceed and whilst your son does not want you there, they may just suggest he bring someone else to support him during the meeting.

If they don't proceed and they want to come to some sort of agreement about paying for what he claimed make sure:

1. what is offered is realistically affordable, he has a limited income that is meant to be 'the minimum required to live' in this country.
          2. there is no admission of guilt as if he defaults on payments they could use that against him.
          3. any documentation should refer to the payments being 'goodwill gestures' on the part of your son not repayments. Repaying them is a form of admission of guilt.
          The meeting was cancelled the fraud manager was supposed of called me on Friday but he didn’t.
          my son has already admitted to it all.
          so will see if I get a call next week.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X