• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay

Firstly thank you for letting me join. I complained to the financial ombudsman about over 2 years ago, regarding the telephone and emails, texts stating I owed them money resulting from the free PPI check.
    The ombudsman sent me a letter recently April stating he agreed with me and Allay not entitled to any money at all.
    This letter stated I was to telephone and confirm I agree with the outcome. To my surprise he told he received new information from Allay. He now says I signed a LOA, the form electronically signed.
    The LOA creates a contract excepting their terms and conditions.
    The email Allay sent me contained a link to a questionnaire which was completed, so based on this there is no evidence to support I cancelled within the cooling period, means I was aware Allay were submitted a claim on my behalf. The questionaire was from one of Allay’s subsidery companies.

I asked the ombudsman for a contact number or email of Allays as they are no longer trading? He replied he could not.

I want to contact Allay to request all the Data they have about me. Meanwhile I asked my bank RBS on 30 March to sent me copies of the 6 RBS LOA.

As a pensioner, this is now driving me up the wall.
    I feel I have being conned by Allay.

Any advise or comments would be appreciated.

Kind Regards.
    Gerry

Tags: None

Originally posted by Gerrybhoy View Post
    Firstly thank you for letting me join. I complained to the financial ombudsman about over 2 years ago, regarding the telephone and emails, texts stating I owed them money resulting from the free PPI check.
    The ombudsman sent me a letter recently April stating he agreed with me and Allay not entitled to any money at all.
    This letter stated I was to telephone and confirm I agree with the outcome. To my surprise he told he received new information from Allay. He now says I signed a LOA, the form electronically signed.
    The LOA creates a contract excepting their terms and conditions.
    The email Allay sent me contained a link to a questionnaire which was completed, so based on this there is no evidence to support I cancelled within the cooling period, means I was aware Allay were submitted a claim on my behalf. The questionaire was from one of Allay’s subsidery companies.

I asked the ombudsman for a contact number or email of Allays as they are no longer trading? He replied he could not.

I want to contact Allay to request all the Data they have about me. Meanwhile I asked my bank RBS on 30 March to sent me copies of the 6 RBS LOA.

As a pensioner, this is now driving me up the wall.
    I feel I have being conned by Allay.

Any advise or comments would be appreciated.

Kind Regards.
    Gerry

Hiya and welcome.

Allay Claims Ltd still exist but they assigned all their consumer 'debts' to Allay (UK) Ltd (which changed their name recently to UK GPC Ltd).

Allay Claims Ltd are still authorised by FCA and their contact details are here Allay Claims Ltd (fca.org.uk)

But to be honest it's pointless asking them for your data as they never respond. Unfortunately the Financial Ombudsman having been rejecting these types complaints about Allay seemingly as a matter of policy and despite representations we made to them - see the 'Issues PDF' attached to the foot of this post.

Ultimately if the Financial Ombudsman rejects your complaint and you don't accept it, it isn't legally binding and the only option for Allay would be to file a court claim. Their solicitors, AJJB Law, have sent numerous legal threats to many people here but they've never followed through since we beat them in court - see Allay LOSE in Court - LegalBeagles Forum

I'd be interested to see the Financial Ombudsman's provisional decision and their email about the new information (you can send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com) and perhaps I could advise on your response.

Attached Files

Comment

Good evening Nick,

Thank you for replying. I will sent you is first approval plus his change of mind letter.

Thank you once again, my wife had the same problem but she gave in and paid them. We are both pensioners.

Kind Regards.

Gerry Kinloch

Comment

Hi Gerry

There's was nothing attached to your email I'm afraid. You had forwarded me a delivery failure notification as you had not included the 's' in my email address nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

No worries, please re-send to this address.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X