• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it was for breach of contract. That has now grown to the 1k+ figure. There were multiple active claims. I think thete was one successful claim against Northern Rock for a unsecured part to my mortgage. I never received a settlement, I think it was directly issued and sorted with Northern Rock and taken off my mortgage balance.

Comment

Ok. Leave it with me and I'll draft something over the weekend.

Comment

Hi Nick I have received a email this morning from the bank smart senior management team regarding my settlement from HSBC. They claim the settlement 'might' have been paid to my IVA company but the IVA finished at several years ago. Plus they said might have been paid, not definitely. I have forwarded you the email.

Comment

Ok but I've not received the email yet.

Comment

Hi I sent it and it failed. I have just resent again

Comment

Got it.

Well the attached letter from HSBC does make it clear you were offered £1074.86 and the payment instruction is ''Pursuant to the IVA'', although it's not entirely clear who is meant to complete the payment instruction (Bank Smart or yourself) or if it was actually completed, returned and actioned.

The payment instruction does say ''Please credit my current account'' so I think you need to ask HSBC to confirm if & when they paid it and if so, if it went to your current account or directly to your IVA before we do anything else.

Do you have access to you HSBC bank statements for around that time?

Comment

I don't because I haven't bacnked with HSBC for over 15 years. I moved from HSBC to natwest when I bought my house over 15 years ago.

Comment

I have banked with only barclays since 2009. I can check my statements from around that time but am almost certain I did not receive that settlement to my barclays current account.

Comment

Ok if you held your current account with Barclays at the time, check the statements. If you could make copies of statements for say March, April, May & June 2019 and it doesn't show the credit we can then send them to Bank Smart to demonstrate you didn't get it.

Have you access to your IVA to check it wasn't paid to that?

Comment

I will download the statements for those months and check them and then forward them to you via email. I don't have access to the iva now. It was with debt free direct but finished several years ago. And I have been removed from the insolvency list.

Comment

Ok no probs.

Comment

Hi I have just emailed the bank statements thete is no payment from HSBC on there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X