• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart

Hi does anyone on here have experience of dealing with bank smart. Signed up years ago for a no win no fee claim. They are now trying to get me to pay a large sum in outstanding invoices. Any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

So, Bank Smart say this in their advertising - Utilising some our most highly skilled analysts and programmers we have developed a highly efficient and effective claims management processing system unique to Bank-Smart that provides you with 24/7 access to monitoring your claims online.

Presumably you signed up for their service in some area but have not explained what you asked them to do for you. Please explain your problem or question so that members can try and help ypu

Comment

So I signed up for them to complete a ppi claim several years ago. They are now chasing me for breach of contract on 3 separate claims and have invoiced me totalling over 1k.

Comment

It was done on a no win no fee basis and they would take 25 %

Comment

Based on what you say was the agreement, then tell them that. You should have some paperwork or emails to confirm your instructions. It may be that they are trying it on?

If they persist, then contact Trading Standards and ask them to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajs06 View Post
            So I signed up for them to complete a ppi claim several years ago. They are now chasing me for breach of contract on 3 separate claims and have invoiced me totalling over 1k.
            They shouldn't be doing that.

The Financial Conduct Authority took enforcement action against them in November prohibiting them from issuing and pursuing breach of contract or cancellation invoice.

See here Bank Smart IMPORTANT UPDATE - LegalBeagles Forum

We're in touch with FCA so if you could send me the letters/emails/invoices (nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com) I can ask them to address it for you.

Comment

Thankyou for your replies. Will pop the documents over in an email. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ajs06 View Post
                Thankyou for your replies. Will pop the documents over in an email. Thanks
                Got them, thanks.

So there are 3 invoices on your online account. The 2 for breach of contract are marked as 'held' and although technically they still exist, Bank Smart are not permitted to ask you for payment and you have no obligation to pay them, so you don't need to worry about them.

You should have received notification from Bank Smart in early December saying as much.

The commission invoice they wrote to you about isn't covered by the FCA's requirements but that doesn't mean that it's correct. On your online account it says it's for £362.45, which suggests you had a successful claim for around £1200. The invoice is dated 9 April 2019.

So a few questions:

1 Did you ever get notification from either Bank Smart or HSBC about a successful (or even not-successful) claim to HSBC?

2 Did you ever receive any money from HSBC? If you did It's possible it was quite some time ago.

3 Do you have the actual invoice, rather than just notifications of it?

Comment

Hi the letter I sent you says they sent Me a letter notifying me of a successful claim against HSBC along with a invoice for payment. I have not seen a letter or a invoice and I haven't received any payment from HSBC. I do not have any invoice only what I sent you when I log in to my online account. Thanks

Comment

Ok thanks.

A couple more questions then (sorry but the more info I have the better the advice I can give).

1 Have they ever made you aware of the HSBC invoice before?

2 Did you ever receive an email from them like the one below? It would have been around 10 December 2021 and the subject would have been ''Your Bank-Smart Account''.

Notification.PNG

Comment

I was not aware of the invoice until I received the letter I have sent you. And do not recall ever receiving any emails like the one above. The last correspondence I have with them is when I emailed them regarding LOA's they had wrote to me about. I sent an email on the 17th October 2020 and never received a reply.

Comment

Ok thanks.

Could you forward me the letter/email they sent you about the LOAs and the email you replied with please.

I can then draft an email response for you.

Comment

I don't actually have the letter anymore. I only have the email I sent them on the date I mentioned regarding the LOA's

Comment

Ok if you could forward me the email that would be helpful.

Comment

Got it.

Do you know why they were trying to charge you £700? Also do you know if you ever had any successful claims with them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X