• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LINK financial sent me a reconstituted CCA from Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a tricky situation because ‘unenforceable’ means not being able to get a court judgment against you. Any other collection activity is permitted, letters phone calls etc
    Your situation is interesting because the default is pretty aged and the account is still with the original creditor. (No idea why) When debts are sold on, the purchasers are much more likely to sue you, whereas I don’t know of that happening so readily with the account still with the bank.
    Therefore I would not waste your energy on an Ombudsman complaint, I’d hold tight to see what they do next, probably very little because you are slowly paying it off.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      It’s a tricky situation because ‘unenforceable’ means not being able to get a court judgment against you. Any other collection activity is permitted, letters phone calls etc
      Your situation is interesting because the default is pretty aged and the account is still with the original creditor. (No idea why) When debts are sold on, the purchasers are much more likely to sue you, whereas I don’t know of that happening so readily with the account still with the bank.
      Therefore I would not waste your energy on an Ombudsman complaint, I’d hold tight to see what they do next, probably very little because you are slowly paying it off.
      Thats great thank you, I could do with some advice about PRA group. They have all the relevant paperwork, the amount on the account is 9K. My mum has offeres them a 50% settlement amount, or me go back on the plan of £4.50 a month. They have turned that down, but said I can either settle for 80% or set up a £4.50 payment plan. Why would they do this? Surely getting 4.5k now is better than £54 a year?

Comment

'All the paperwork' on the PRA debt suggests 'fully enforceable'. Is this debt subject to court action currently?

Therefore, a debt that is fully enforceable, would only get a F&F of 80% because PRA like their year to year cash flow from the slow payers. After all there are millions of these small payment being made into a fully automated system, so it isn't a problem to plan for such revenue going forward many years.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

'All the paperwork' on the PRA debt suggests 'fully enforceable'. Is this debt subject to court action currently?

Therefore, a debt that is fully enforceable, would only get a F&F of 80% because PRA like their year to year cash flow from the slow payers. After all there are millions of these small payment being made into a fully automated system, so it isn't a problem to plan for such revenue going forward many years.
          Thank you for explaining, and Im guessing then they would come after my estate (if theres anything) after I die?

Comment

Hi so I am at a stalemate with Wescot and Santander. They are sticking to their guns about the account, I am saying that the agreement they sent is illegible (which it is) They previously indicated that if I could back up my 20% offer with figures of what i owe elsewhere and my income that they would they would consider it. I really don't know what to do, I don't want my mum paying them anything if it is actually unenforceable. (i have made no payments to this now since the original CCA request last September.
            What should I do? try and deal? or sit tight? I have a new baby and really don't want the threat of court action Thanks again

Comment

Hi
              I have an update for you on the Wescot front. I sent a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman about the illegible agreement I had been sent for my CCA request to Wescot/Santander.
              They have now emailed back basically saying that they do not think the agreement being illegible means that the account is unenforcable.
              I had offered them a 20% settlement (monies from my mum) while this was going on and Wescot have asked me for a financial summary and other information such as what I have offered other accounts and if they accepted tham.
              What do you think i should do next? I would really do with some advice.
              Many thanks

Matt
              @Celestine
              echat11

Comment

Apologies if I have done this wrong Celestine

Comment

Originally posted by Marty2.8 View Post
                  Hi
                  I have an update for you on the Wescot front. I sent a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman about the illegible agreement I had been sent for my CCA request to Wescot/Santander.
                  They have now emailed back basically saying that they do not think the agreement being illegible means that the account is unenforcable.
                  I had offered them a 20% settlement (monies from my mum) while this was going on and Wescot have asked me for a financial summary and other information such as what I have offered other accounts and if they accepted tham.
                  What do you think i should do next? I would really do with some advice.
                  Many thanks

Matt
                  @Celestine
                  echat11

The FOS don't make decisions based on whether it's legal or not. They ultimately follow their own Rules on what they think is fair or not. So as far as your agreement goes, if it's illegible, then there is a good chance the Courts would deem it as such. Your position regarding the agreement doesn't change, just make 'Without Prejudice' offers to them, if they are minded to make a Court claim then defend it.

https://creditsolutionsgroup.co.uk/c...dit-agreement/

Comment

Me I read all of this saga, seems that the advice is, to let them go to Court, after all, what have you got to lose ?. If the Judge finds in their favour, so be it, the Judge will make the repayment decision if you lose,

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
                      Me I read all of this saga, seems that the advice is, to let them go to Court, after all, what have you got to lose ?. If the Judge finds in their favour, so be it, the Judge will make the repayment decision if you lose,
                      Just to add to that, the Court will only order you to pay what you can afford, if it's £1 a month so be it.

Comment

Good advice from all here. FOSwill not make decisions on enforceability such as legibility or recon v original copy.
                        I wouldn’t be too worried about giving them the info they requested because that does not preclude fighting in court. Judges ultimately have the responsibility of deciding if legibility is sufficient to declare the agreement enforceable, helpfully they often have poor eyesight!

Comment

fos will state no comment it is up to the courts to decide upon, been there done that annd got nowhere with fos.

Comment

Hi, I am back again.
                            1) The FCS have not upheld my complaint, so I am back to seeing what I can do with Wescot.
                            2) Link, who this thread was originally about have now started writing to me at my new address (I moved in July last year) I have never updated them as I was hoping to get it statute barred, even though they have acknowledged that they the debt is unenforcable, in Jan 2022. It seems like a new team are maybe looking at it, the letter says "Although we are entitled to immediate payment of £ we write now to give you the opportunity to clear this debt in monthly instalments"
                            What should I do now? They are not entitled to any payment, they have already 18 months ago accepted the debt was unenforceable.
                            Your advice, as always would be appreciated, I don't like the tone of the letter.

Comment

begging letter, your credit report will have your new address on it from one supplier you use. they can and will try right up to statute barred to get you to respond OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT WILL YOU? you respond no statute barred.

Comment

[QUOTE=MIKE770;n1647491]begging letter, your credit report will have your new address on it from one supplier you use. they can and will try right up to statute barred to get you to respond OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT WILL YOU? you respond no statute barred.[/QUOTE
                                How many years do I have to ignore them? please remind me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X