• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LINK financial sent me a reconstituted CCA from Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 yrs from last correspondence or 5 years Scotland do not panic unless e prove compliant CCA 1974 no way they can gett CCj unless you allow them to sit on hands their move next if ever

Comment

[QUOTE=Marty2.8;n1647492]
      Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      begging letter, your credit report will have your new address on it from one supplier you use. they can and will try right up to statute barred to get you to respond OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT WILL YOU? you respond no statute barred.[/QUOTE
      How many years do I have to ignore them? please remind me
      I'd work from the date that the Default Notice was sent to you. 6 years from that date. Then send them a Statute Barred letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

[QUOTE=echat11;n1647498]
        Originally posted by Marty2.8 View Post

I'd work from the date that the Default Notice was sent to you. 6 years from that date. Then send them a Statute Barred letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage.
        Hi, from which default, the original one has passed 6 years now and is off my credit file, but the last contact I had was after they admitted it was unenforceable, 18 months ago

Comment

[QUOTE=Marty2.8;n1647596]
          Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Hi, from which default, the original one has passed 6 years now and is off my credit file, but the last contact I had was after they admitted it was unenforceable, 18 months ago
          'the original one has passed 6 years now and is off my credit file,'

Provided you haven't made any payment or admitted the debt in correspondence over the last 6 years, then it's statute barred.

If you don't want to send the statute barred letter, you could fashion a 'leave me alone' letter until they can actually comply with your CCA request. You can add some bits from the FCA.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-07

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X