• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Returned Boots to Wrong Retailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned Boots to Wrong Retailer

I've been a bit of a idiot... Last year I ordered a pair of wellies online from the Hunter boots store. A few days later I saw them on sale on another website, so I ordered them and returned the pair to Hunter for a refund.
    A few months later, the boots have fallen apart so I looked back over my emails to get the order details, went on the website to get a returns label and sent them off... to Hunter!

I've contacted Hunter and they said theyd check woth their warehouse to locate the boots and either return them to me or direct to the store i got them from. Since then I've emailed dozens of times over 2 months and every reply says the same; that they'll check with the warehouse. Ive emailed their CEO and head of customer sales, no response.

I appreciate that it was my error, Im £160 out of pocket, and getting nowhere.

Is there anything else I can do?
    Tks
    ADD
    Tags: None

Gahhh that is very annoying. The problem you have is that Hunter don't owe you any obligation to even check the warehouse. Anything they do is from pure goodwill. I'm struggling to think of any appropriate legal remedy to help you force them to hand over what is after all, your property. Hopefully someone else may have some useful ideas?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Gahhh that is very annoying. The problem you have is that Hunter don't owe you any obligation to even check the warehouse. Anything they do is from pure goodwill. I'm struggling to think of any appropriate legal remedy to help you force them to hand over what is after all, your property. Hopefully someone else may have some useful ideas?
      Since they're the manufacturer and I'm within their 2 year warranty, could I insist they honour it and refund me? They may decide to just replace the boots but that'd be a step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
        Since they're the manufacturer and I'm within their 2 year warranty, could I insist they honour it and refund me? They may decide to just replace the boots but that'd be a step forward.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X