• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting Item After 6 Months (and two failed repairs)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting Item After 6 Months (and two failed repairs)

So I purchased a product back in April which developed a fault within the first 6 months, within this time, I asked for a repair/replacement. The product was sent off but I received it back with the exact same problem (but was told the problem existed and had been fixed). I asked for it to be replaced/repaired again and the product was sent off, same scenario again however, product returned without being fixed, although was told the issue had been fixed.
    I then exercised my final right to reject the product, which by this time was November, beyond the 6 months from returning it.
    After being told 'we can't offer you a refund' for a month, they have now offered me a partial refund of about 60% of what I paid, providing I return the device to them.
    I understand the Consumer Rights Act says the retailer cannot make any deductions from a final-right-to-reject claim if it was exercised within the first 6 months from delivery. Mine is outside this window, but only because they failed to fix the problem twice. I informed them the product was not working within 4 months of delivery.
    Is there any way I could still receive a full refund? The deduction is for the amount I would have been able to use the device before refunding, but I haven't been able to use it since 4 months after delivery.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    This all occured in England
    Cheers

(also the problem was actually there from the start, it just took me a while to realise it wasn't me using the product incorrectly - it was a camera stabiliser so it was hard to tell!)

Tags: None

THe clock stops from the first notification of the fault to the satisfactory repair.

Comment

As you point out not only should there be no deduction for usage as goods rejected in first 6 months, but trader also has to pay for cost of return.
      Read Consumer Rights Act 2015 Consumer Rights Act 2015 (legislation.gov.uk) and depending on how much is at stake tell them you are considering court action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X