• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

wren kitchen doors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wren kitchen doors

I emailed Wren to let them know my kitchen doors, purchased in 2016 are starting to crack. At their request I sent photos of all the doors.I was then told they were delaminating and as they have now improved the manufacturing technique, and changed the the name of the colour, they would REPLACE all of the doors and drawers. The items, 22 doors and 10 drawers all arrived yesterday.
    I have asked when they will be replaced within my kitchen they have said as I did not use their fitting service and employed a third party I will need to find someone to fit them.
    Apart from all of the upheaval, I will need to pay to have the faulty doors removed and have replacement doors fitted.
    I feel replace should be that, putting in place, not piled up in my garage.
    Please advise.
    Tags: None

Sorry but I agree with Wren. They have replaced the doors to honour their part of the contract.
    They have had no involvement with the fitting. I assume it saved money which is quite reasonable and sensible. However, it seems to me their obligation is supplying not fitting.
    I am not qualified and perhaps other aspects come into play. Perhaps research on WHICH website.

Comment

It will be helpful and interesting to know if you have any success.

Comment

So the doors were replaced as they were unsatisfactory at the time of delivery.
        Your contract was breached.
        Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you are entitled to a replacement (less a deduction for usage).
        However you can also claim other remedies, which includes damages (sec 19 (11) (a)
        Direct damages are those that flow naturally and necessarily from the breach and compensate for loss.

Comment

Yes. I hadn't considered that aspect. As you point out other losses arose. Hopefully that can/will be remedied.

Comment

I still think that Ren is right, because he just wanted to fulfill his part of the contract. I believe that this was done in order to save money, which is quite reasonable. If anything, this is purely my opinion, I could be wrong. When I just replaced the doors in my rooms, I did not have such problems, the masters came to me made perfect measurements and the next day they fixed the doors, I only consulted for a long time on the selection of wood, I do not mean its color and texture, namely its strength and exposure to external influences. And as a result, I decided on this company. They also have a lot of stylish models of wooden garage doors, in short, I trust this company, they are great
            Last edited by Deniro29; 23rd November 2020, 21:05:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X