• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help and guidance required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and guidance required

Hello,

I'm not sure where to post this but my parents have received a spurious letter on non headed paper claiming that I have made defamatory remarks about someone on Instagram.

1. I deny this
    2. They've sent it to my parents' house (and I live in Hungary)

Could someone point me in the right direction of the forum I should ask for help in please?
    Tags: None

Anonymous letters should be treated with all the respect they deserve and be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by ff33224455 View Post
      Hello,

I'm not sure where to post this but my parents have received a spurious letter on non headed paper claiming that I have made defamatory remarks about someone on Instagram.

1. I deny this
      2. They've sent it to my parents' house (and I live in Hungary)

Could someone point me in the right direction of the forum I should ask for help in please?
      Thanks however I'm slightly concerned. Especially as they have my work email address. It doesn't look very professional to me - plus I don't want to cause my parents undue stress.

I've posted the pictures below, I'd be grateful for your advice.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help?

Comment

When I read your original post, I interpreted it as meaning the letter was anonymous.
          Obviously a wrong assumption!
          You say you deny making defamatory remarks about a third party on Instagram.
          Is that 1) you deny using instagram or
          2) you deny making remarks about that person or
          3) you admit making remarks about that person but deny they are defamatory?

Comment

Can anyone help?
            Hi Des. Thank you for your message. Would you mind if I PM'd you?

Comment

Hi Des. Thank you for your message. Would you mind if I PM'd you?
              Can if you wish, but it is an open forum so you get the best spread of advice!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X