• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tax credits overpayment/advantis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax credits overpayment/advantis

Good Morning Beagles,

I recieved a letter pre lockdown from advantis regarding a overpayment of tax credits from a previous claim over 2 years ago

I've recieved another letter again today about it but as I've lost my job (like many from covid), I really want to get on top of this. First to clarify the debt and then if it is correct to set up a reasonable payment plan

This is the time I have been in such a situation so I'm rather a noob so any advice or what process to follow would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Everyone
    Tags: None

Do you dispute the over payment with HMRC or do you accept it?
    If you disagreed with it did you complete form TC846 tax credits over payment or write to HMRC

Comment

Advantis are just a Debt Collector, deal with HMRC direct, they are not ogres.

Comment

Sorry just managed to register no I do not dispute the debt, it was a miss communication and what I was entitled too. I didn't know until it was too late

What I want to avoid is advantis putting in a unrealistic payment plan as I can honestly afford between £5 - £10 a week

Is it as easy as just penning a letter stating this?

Comment

As ploddertom contact HMRC directly by letter explaining your position and make an offer that you know you can maintain.
          No need to offer more than you can realistically pay

Comment

Something I learnt from dealing with HMRC - I was in a similar position a few years ago and they wanted a 4 figure sum back from me. In the end I served a SAR on them and by the time I got it all sorted the debt was wiped out and they actually owed me money. Never take HMRC at face value.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X