• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking ticket Stansted McDonalds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking ticket Stansted McDonalds

IMG_9786.jpg Can I get some advise regards the attached ticket.

Tags: None

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office.

Comment

MET are still writing to me. They never acknowledged receipt of the original reply back in April 2020. Should I just resend a copy?

Comment

Don't prod them. Keep all the paperwork

Can you logon to their system to see the status of the PCN?

Comment

I Have received a similar PCN from MET Parking am in the process of submitting a POPLA Appeal. do you have any advise for what I should include to ensure that I am successful.

MET have said the following:

Thank you for your correspondence received in regards to the above parking charge. We note your request for us to cease communication with you however we are refusing this and should the charge remain unpaid, you may receive further correspondence as we believe we may process the data under the following legal bases:

Contract – The processing is necessary for the parking contract that has been entered into when vehicles enter and remain in the location. ·

Legitimate Interests – Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car park is effectively managed, pursuing unpaid parking tariffs and charges due and promoting the safety and security of the location.

Comment

Hi natty5992 can I suggest that you start your own new thread rather than jump onto an older thread that has not had anyone posting for a couple of years.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

here is a link to my thread
              I Received A PCN From MET parking however they have provided the notice 19days after the offence took place. I used the templates that i have seen in other

Comment

Guess what guys... MET have passed this onto DCBL.

Can I get some help please?

Will post all the latest correspondence

Comment

now you know why you were advised to keep all correspondence

DCBL are only debt collectors and can do nothing
                  DCB Legal are solicitors and might initiate a court claim

Make sure you do not identify the driver

Comment

Attached the 4 letters received from DCBL
                    Attached Files

Comment

I emailed on 28/3 on behalf of my son as it was his car but I was driving on the day as i collected him from Stansted and we stopped for food.

No reply received.

I emailed again on 13/10 asking them to cancel the PCN. They replied saying

"
                      DCBL write further to your correspondence.

Please note, DCBL do not hold authority to discuss the case with yourself.

Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please request for the named individual/business to contact DCBL directly to provide this authority for you.

They can contact DCBL on 0203 434 0432 during our office opening hours of Monday to Friday, 8am until 5pm.

Alternatively, they can send a signed Letter of Authority inclusive of the following information:

Their full name
                      Their full address and postcode
                      The case reference number(s)
                      The full name of the person they wish to give authority to

In the absence of the above, DCBL are unable to discuss this matter with anyone other than the named individual/business."

I replied with;

"Thank you for you reply to my email

My name is Mr Nobody Snr

My Son was the registered keeper;

Mr Nobody CC’d into this email.

I was driving on this day as collected my son from the airport. After collecting him we parked up for some food at McDonalds."

The I got this reply

"

Subject: Our ref: 119720.16057D / Met Parking Services Ltd v Jonty Logan

Good afternoon,

We write in response to your correspondence received in our office dated 25/10/2023.

We now respond to the same as follows.

The terms and conditions on the signs state that parking is permitted for Southgate Park customers only and that McDonald's is NOT in Southgate Park. You were observed parking on the site and then leaving as is demonstrated in the photographic evidence attached. The PCN was issued correctly by our Client following the clear breach of the terms and conditions.

In accordance with the British Parking Association (BPA) Code of Practice, where the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) becomes overdue and before Court proceedings have commenced, a reasonable sum may be added for the debt recovery fees. The correct recovery fees have been added and will not be removed. As such, the outstanding balance of £170.00 remains payable to prevent further action. 

If there are any documents that you have requested, but that are not attached, it is because we have deemed the request to be disproportionate and/or not relevant to the substantive issues in dispute. We respectfully draw your attention to paragraph 2.1(c) of the Protocol and remind you that both parties are expected to act reasonably and proportionately.

The defendant now has 30 days from the date of this email to make payment of £170.00. Failure to make payment will result in a Claim being issued against them without any further reference.
                      Payment can be made via bank transfer to our designated client account: -
                      • Account Name: DCB Legal Ltd Client Account
                      • Sort Code: 20-24-09
                      • Account Number: 60964441
                      The defendant must quote the correct case reference (119720.16057D) when making payment. If they do not, we may be unable to correctly allocate the payment. If further action is taken by us as a result of an incorrect reference being quoted, the defendant will be liable for any further fees or costs incurred.
                      We would ask that the defendant kindly furnishes us with their most up to date telephone number, this can be emailed to us at info@dcblegal.co.uk.
                      Alternatively, they can contact DCB Legal Ltd on 0203 838 7038 to make payment over the telephone or online at https://dcblegal.co.uk/response/pay-online/."

Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

So you have identified the driver, but to whom are the letters addressed, you or the registered keeper?

Comment

letters are addressed to my son the registered keeper

Comment

this arrived today
                            Attached Files

Comment

So as the letters are addressed to the registered keeper, let him deal with the matter

DCB Legal are now involved.

They are solicitors and have initiated the court process by issuing a letter before claim
                              You cannot deal with them without your son's written authority, but even if you obtain that you cannot represent your son in court without his presence there

Your son should write to them, confirming he was (is?) the registered keeper and telling them their principal failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act.
                              He can deny being the driver and tell them he is under no obligation to identify the driver and will not do so.
                              Add that UKPC were advised of this back in April 2020 and were warned that further action by them or debt collectors would be deemed harassment.
                              This correspondence will be declared in court if they should proceed further with this matter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X