• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Any advice kindly appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice kindly appreciated

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me advice. I have had a Claim Form come through which has 2 existing debts joined together onto a Claim Form. I'm now at this point and feel in a state and not sure what I can do.
    I have filled in the info suggested, hoping some of you may be able to give me guidance on what to do next.

Received a claim? Yes/No: yes

Issue Date: 20/02/20

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: no

Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000) £1500

Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio

Solicitors Firm: Lowell Solicitors

Original Creditor: Shop Direct Financial Services
    E.on Energy Solutions Limited

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Store card & Utility Bill

Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    1)The claim comprises the following Agreements the Defendant entered into: a (..)with reference (..)and current balance of (..)
    B(..) with reference (..)and current balance of (..). The agreements were terminated as payments were notmaintaned and subsequently assigned to the Claimant.
    And the Claimant claims:
    1. The total of said sums being (..)
    2. Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, but limited to one year, being (..)
    3. Costs
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): None

Any Other Information or Background Details: ?
    Tags: None

Can anyone please help with this?

Comment

Acknowledge service is your first move to give you the most time to prepare the defence.

Send a CCA Request Lowell Portfolio for the Shop Direct account enclosing a £1 cheque/postal order with "CCA 1974 STAT FEE ONLY" written across the front. Take two copies of the letter and cheque/postal order.

Send a CPR 31.14 Request to Lowell Solicitors enclosing one copy of the CCA Request and asking for copies of:

agreement with Shop Direct Financial Services with reference X
      agreement with E.on Energy Solutions Limited with reference Y
      notices of them being assigned to the Claimant

Finally send a Subject Access Request Letter to both Shop Direct Financial Services and E.on Energy Solutions Limited as this will tell you what documents are available to the claimant if they don't have them.

It's good that they are not pleading you were served a default notice by Shop Direct Financial Services as that's a legal requirement to terminate the agreement and recently they haven't been able to provide them from this original creditor.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me how to Acknowledge the Service?

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

When writing out the PO is it made to Lowel and then CCA 1974 STAT FEE ONLY after it?

Comment

No, it’s made out to Lowell and the across the top write that it’s for the statutory fee in any space available

Comment

Thank you.

On the CPR 31.15 Request what date is entered here?

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx.

I don't know when the defence will be as it's not showing on any of the paperwork.
                I'm really sorry for all the questions, i'm just so overwhelmed at the moment.

Comment

CPR 31.15 Request

Can someone please tell me what i can request from the following extracted from the Particulars of Claim

1)The Claim comprises the following
                  Agreements the Defendant entered into:
                  a. Shop Direct Financial Services
                  with reference 00000000 and
                  current balance of £0.0
                  b. E.on Energy Solutions Limited
                  current balance of £00.00
                  The Agreements were terminated as payments
                  were not maintained and subsequently
                  assigned to the Claimant.
                  And the Claimant claims:
                  a) The total of the said sums being £00.00
                  b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act
                  1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the
                  date of assignment to the date of issue, but
                  limited to one year, being £00.00
                  c) Costs

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bexinneed80 View Post
                    CPR 31.15 Request

Can someone please tell me what i can request from the following extracted from the Particulars of Claim

1)The Claim comprises the following
                    Agreements the Defendant entered into:
                    a. Shop Direct Financial Services
                    current balance of £0.0
                    b. E.on Energy Solutions Limited
                    current balance of £00.00
                    The Agreements were terminated as payments
                    were not maintained and subsequently
                    assigned to the Claimant.
                    And the Claimant claims:
                    a) The total of the said sums being £00.00
                    b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act
                    1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the
                    date of assignment to the date of issue, but
                    limited to one year, being £00.00
                    c) Costs

Thank you
                    See post #3 regarding part 31 whether para 14 or 15

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bexinneed80 View Post
                        Thank you.

On the CPR 31.15 Request what date is entered here?

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx.

I don't know when the defence will be as it's not showing on any of the paperwork.
                        I'm really sorry for all the questions, i'm just so overwhelmed at the moment.
                        How can i find out this date please?

Comment

Tuesday 24th March 2020 at 4pm (33 days from the date on the claim form when you have acknowledged service).

Comment

Hi. Followed the advice given above and did all the things mentioned. I have now received this letter as a response Lowel 20 03 2020 2.pdf Lowel 20 03 2020 1.pdf

Comment

Received the following from Lowell Solicitors. Can someone please help with this?

We are writing in relation to correspondence recently received by our office.
                              We are instructed by our client to recover the balances outstanding below which
                              are consolidated under the reference to the right.
                              Date: 05 March 2020
                              Our client
                              Lowell Portfolio I Ltd.
                              Our reference number XXX/XXXXXXX
                              Please provide this reference number when you contact us.
                              Amount due
                              £xxxx.xx

Lowell Reference - XXXXXXXXX - Original Reference - XXXXXXXX- Shop Direct - Balance - £XXX.XX
                              Lowell Reference - XXXXXXXXX - Original Reference - XXXXXXXXXXXX- E.on Energy - Balance - £XXX.XX

The E.on Energy account relates to a Service Agreement and not a Credit Agreement; these are not governed by the
                              provisions of the-CoA-sumer Credit Act 1974, Therefore, there is no statutory requirement to complete and sign any such 'Agreement' in order to obtain an account of this nature.

As this is a Service Agreement, the use of the services provided by the original creditor is deemed to mean you accept the terms and conditions imposed by them, and are liable to repay them for the use of this service. If the matter proceeds further we may ask the Court to accept there was a contract based on other evidence that may be available

A Default Notice is a technical notice required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 in certain circumstances in relation to Credit Agreements. As this debt does not arise from a Credit Agreement, and is therefore not regulated by the Act, no Default Notice would have been sent.

We confirm that the original creditor assigned only the benefit and not the burden of the original agreement to our client and that there was no requirement for your consent. No novation took place and therefore no Novation Agreement exists or was required.

A request for statements on the E.on account and the available documents on the Shop Direct account has now been raised with our client and we will contact you once a response is received, however we are unable to provide a timeframe for them to respond. Please note that these are for your reference only.

Our client does not deem that the production of these documents would assist in the filing of any defence and as such will not be agreeing to an extension of the time for you to file this with the Court.

If you wish to dispute the matter further you may wish to seek your own independent legal advice from a Solicitor or the Citizens Advice Bureau.

You should read the Claim form issued by the Court carefully and respond how you deem appropriate within the timescales set by the Court. This would have been served by the Court to the address that we currently have for you on our records.

Should you require one, you can request another copy of the Claim from the Court by:

Email: CCBC@justice.gov.uk
                              Phone Number: 0300 123 1056 or 01604 619 400
                              Address: 4 St. Katharines House, 21-27 St. Katharines Street, Northampton, Northamptonshire NNl 2LH

For your reference, your Claim number is XXXXXXXX.

If you are admitting the debt in full and wish to pay by instalments, our team is available to complete the Admission form with you over the telephone if you prefer. If you wish to speak to a member of our team they can be contacted by calling XXXXXXXXXXX between 8:30am and 8:00pm Monday to Thursday, between 8:30am and 06:00pm Friday, or between 9:00am and 1:00pm Saturday. Alternatively, you can complete the form and return it by post to the address provided above, or to the Court.

lf for any reason you are unable to respond to the Claim, please contact XXXXXX Credit Services on XXXXXXXXXXX to
                              discuss your available options. Please note, if no response is received, we may be instructed to continue with legal
                              action. If a Judgment is issued, this will result in interest and legal costs being added to the debt.
                              Yours sincerely,

Lowell Solicitors Limited

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X