• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Form from CCBC - EE Assigned to Lowell - Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thank you very much Ill get this sent over today recorded delivery. Jaguar, amazing and thank you for taking the time to help me with this!*

Comment

Originally posted by modelus View Post
      Great thank you very much Ill get this sent over today recorded delivery. Jaguar, amazing and thank you for taking the time to help me with this!
      You don't have to send it recorded delivery, you can send it first class and get a proof of posting receipt.

Your deadline is Monday at 4pm, so it should get there in plenty of time.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi All,

I have received some further documents from the court and Lowell. Dated the 16/4/2020 I have received a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track stating 1. this is now a defended claim, the defendant has filed a defence. It appears the case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track. If you believe that this track is not appropriate please fill in the box on c1 of the n180 form. *4. You must by 4 may complete the n180 and file it with eh court office. Included is the n180 and information about mediation.
        Further to the above on dated 20/4/2020 lowell solicitors sent a letter saying they are happy that there is a valid claim against me and that i am liable for the outstanding balance in the sum of the outstanding amount. Our client will be advocating to the court that the last payment on 30 june 2015 for the sum of 63.02 be classed an admission of liability. Our client is willing to settle the matter amicably and now invites you to offer a repayment proposal for consideration in order to prevent potential further interest costs and fees.*

So I don't have much time to deal with this. I would welcome suggestions outlining my options moving forward. Ideal scenario is reduced payment made over a payment plan without a ccj.
        As always your help here is so appreciated.

Comment

Okay don’t bother writing back to them, you will deny having made the payment and they need to prove you made the payment, they won’t be able to prove that it was you.*

And in your defence you have already pointed out that the court can’t rule on the terms of a contract if they are not available.*

It’s typical scare tactics in the hope you give in and pay up.*

There’s a guide to completing the N180 in my signature below, if you have a scanner you can complete it and then scan it to return by email if you don’t want to go to the post office during the covid-19 crisis.*

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Again amazing thank you for your help. Can I take photos of the completed forms and send them. I don't have a printer. Also can I email the photos to lowell solicitors swell.*

If photos are not permitted I'm concerned as I only have one copy of the n180 to form and won't be able to send it to both the court and lowell solicitors. Also conscious that it is the 4/5/20 which is deadline for return.

Comment

Sorry I missed your deadline, did you send photos? They should be fine given the current situation as long as they are good and clear.*

Comment

A little bit late notice but I am due to receive a telephone mediation call on Thursday. Does anyone have any idea how I should handle this. Lowell are saying that my last payment shows admission. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X