• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lucas CCJ but no information - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas CCJ but no information - please help

Hi all,*

My wife recently checked her credit report to find a pending CCJ. Upon investigating it turns out it is for EDF and BT bills before we me 5 years ago. We moved in together in rented accommodation and then moved again 2 years later to our current address, which we have been in 2 1/2 years. They claim the full amount (£4000 approx) needs paying to avoid a CCJ. She has requested a breakdown of original bills and charges AND a breakdown of Lucas costs. They have refused point blank and claim EDF and BT will probably have no record now as they purchased the debt. They claim we will need to go to court for the breakdown and this will result in the CCJ going through.*

We are fortunate to have the money as we plan to buy our property this year. However a CCJ would impact this and I feel like I'm being told to pay £4k with no proof of what for and how the cost has escalated. She has been on the electoral role at both properties and we used the same letting agency. They claim all mail went to the previous address. Anything I can do to get the information I want and claim reduced charges as we was completely unaware of anything until SHE contacted them. What is annoying me is that we would have paid long ago had we known. Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

What is a "pending" CCJ?If they are submitting a Claim then what are the Particulars of Claim? You say you can afford to pay if necessary - even if a CCJ is obtained then providing it is paid off quickly then it would automatically be removed and not show. Personally I think someone is being very evasive.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X