• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim for Lowell from Northampton Bulk Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim for Lowell from Northampton Bulk Centre

Hello,
    I have just received a court claim from Lowell for around £3500, the initial debt was with Vanquis credit card in 2012 for £2,200 in 2012.*
    I want to defend this because i was very ill with a life threatening illness and i had initially requested a payment holiday on my account with Vanquis which i could do as stated in their terms and condition of up to 12 months. This was agreed with them over the phone but when i received my next statement there were really high missed payment charges and interest added to the account. I rang them again and they said they would correct. When my next statement came from them again more charges had been added and this was totalling several hundred pounds which was grossly unfair as in their terms during a pre agreed payment holiday you do not incur penalties or affect your credit rating. I was very ill to the point the consultant at the hospital thought i wouldn't recover. I was of course unable to work and could not pay this to them, i rang them again and just was getting fobbed off on the phone.*
    I paid minimum payments to them while i believed this was being sorted out and went on for quite a few months after, then about a year later i received a letter from Lowell saying it had been sold to them.

Vanquis had not dealt with my complaint and just ignored me, sold the debt on and took no responsibility. I rang Lowell and explained the situation and they said they would look in to it. I told them that Vanquis should never have sold this debt on while i have a complaint that was supposedly being investigated. The lady at Lowell seemed to be very understanding and said this would be looked in to. Months went by and i received another letter from Lowell, i explained again what had happened and the person at Lowell did not know what i was talking about.

I asked Lowell to send me all the paperwork they have and of course they have the original credit agreement etc but this has only been sent to me over the last couple of months. I have again said this is really unfair of Vanquis and i am now faced with even more unfair charges from Lowell, the total charges have gone up to over £1000 from the original amount.*

I think this should be handed back to Vanquis and they need to rectify the issue i first complained about*and this is going to be my defence in court.

Can anyone advise me of how i can best defend this claim, many thanks
    Tags: None

You need to tell us more, like -

Issue Date:
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
    Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000)
    Claimant's Name:
    Solicitors Firm:
    Original Creditor:
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thank you Jaguar, this is very helpful, i will digest all the information and take the appropriate action.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X