• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RlP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RlP

Hi I have been stupid and got caught shoplifting 2 items worth £16 from Primark I know silly when primark is so cheap anyway to get to the point I know I will get a letter from rlp to pay a so called fine no police where called my main worry is the securiry guard had a good look at my work card I am worried they will contact my employer it's been 5 days since this happened any advice would be appreciated thanks in advance
    Tags: None

It sounds like you know that RLP invoices can be ignored and aren't a fine, and there's no criminal proceedings to worry about. There's no reason for anyone to contact your employer and tbh I'm pretty sure it would be a breach of data protection.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply amethyst I have read a few threads about ignoring rlp letters I'm unsure what to do as yet as I've not had a letter yet I was told 4 to 6 weeks to receive that letter my main worry is my job I'm so embarrassed and feel sick with worry I thought that them contacting my employer would be a breach of data protection thanks again for your reply

Comment

It's only been just over 2 weeks and I have received my first letter from RLP photo attached
        Attached Files

Comment

Ignore ignore ignore. Keep the letter.

Comment

My hubby said to bin it but I said better to keep it in going to ignore I'm just worried that ignoring will get me in trouble ie court

Comment

What court? There has been no court involved so why do you expect to hear from a court? Contrary to what RLP said in their letter there has been no loss. RLP would have been paid even if you were not there. This was confirmed by a court when RLP did try. Search for RLP and the Oxford case to read what the judge said about it. RLP went away with their tail between their legs.

Comment

I mean if i ignore all letters from rlp then get debt collectors letters and ignore them what all happen will they take me to court I have read the Oxford case I've been trying to find out if there's been any more court cases since ?

Comment

We haven't seen a court case for standard shoplifting since that Oxford case, and very very few employee theft cases ( I think I've seen 3 of those over last 6 years - none from primark ) so, although of course it's a possibility, it's extremely unlikely.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you all for advice I appreciate it i will post updates I.e more letters thanks again

Comment

Hi guys, you are amazing!!! Very supportive and helpful! A BIG THANK YOU!

Comment

Comment

Recived my second letter from rlp this morning

Comment

Standard.... Ignore

Weren't they meant to stop mentioning ACPO ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahhh

Hansard. 22nd March 2011
                              https://hansard.parliament.uk/Common...nglandAndWales)

The company has also clearly misrepresented the position. Until last November, RLP’s website stated that “we have established operating procedures for Civil Recovery and agreed guidelines with the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) and Association of Chief Police Officers Scotland (ACPOS)”.

However, in October last year, the assistant chief constable who leads on retail crime for ACPO wrote to Jackie Lambert at RLP stating:

“Whilst there may have been agreements in the past about exchanging data and operating civil recovery with ACPO…there are no such agreements in place now and indeed on several occasions over the last few years I and my colleagues have asked that such references be deleted. Please remove from your website any and all references which state or imply that RLP operates its civil recovery in agreement or cooperation with the Police Service. Clearly if you have an agreement with an individual force you could make reference to that, but I know of none.”

In November last year, ACPOS said:

“At no time have ACPOS entered into any formal agreement with RLP or assisted them in any civil recovery”.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X