• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforce CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforce CCJ

Hi, I'd really appreciate some help if possible. I have had a nightmare few yrs. The conclusion is a very spiteful and nasty person has been ordered by the court to pay me £40,000-a CCJ- this is not compensation but simply to refund the costs I have incurred and she left me out of pocket. I'm not wealthy and this debt has caused me huge hardship. She was ordered to pay within 14 days- of course she didn't. She is unemployed and does not own her house. She says she can't pay a penny and tells me to leave her alone i'm harassing her. She is not on benefits. Her partner has good income and pays for all her living expenses and the house mortgage. They live a comfortable life style- she drives his SUVs and they go on foreign holidays and are quite materialistic. But its all in his name. My questions are this:

Can her partner's income be taken into account in me recovering my debt?

She has not paid a penny and she has not offered any repayment plan. How can I ask the court to set up and enforce a payment plan?

She denied all assets and income on a financial assessment form and yet declared she pays £300 a month to a store card - so if she can afford this she can afford a similar repayment plan to me- but how can i arrange this repayment and enforce it?.She won't listen to me of course.

She also declared 'other' household income of £2,200 per month (which is her partner's income) and states she has zero outgoings- no bills, no council tax , no utility bills etc, nothing - can i apply that she repays me £2200 each month? (although i'm sure this is her partner's income although she listed it as other household income contributing to the running costs) . How do I apply to the court to establish this?

Bailiffs are no good as she has no assets , they won't be able to recover £40k or anything so i'll just incur more costs for nothing.

Any help hugely appreciated, i'm going mad with stress and injustice here.
    Tags: None

You might be able to obtain some of your money if she has her own (not joint) bank account .
    You could apply for a third party debt order which will freeze whatever cash is in the account, so you need to time your application so it reaches the account just after a deposit
    But whether it will be worth it is doubtful
    Last edited by des8; 4th August 2019, 09:31:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X