• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Libel, defamation, consumer law ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libel, defamation, consumer law ?

I have been banned from a hotel i have been going to for the last 34 years. It came about because I complained about the service. After I had left the general manager wrote to me cancelling my summer reservation and told me i can no longer stay there or visit. I wrote to the directors (it is a charitable trust) and was told there were 3 staff statements outlining my 'behaviour' and because of this the ban remains. I still have no idea what I am accused of. I have asked the directors to obtain statements from other guests but this fell on deaf ears. I have approached 2 groups of people who were there at the same time and they say they did not notice a disturbance. The hotel say they will honour the booking for my wife and son provided I confirm in writing that I will not visit at any time. I have submitted a SAR request in the hope of discovering what I'm supposed to have done. .... what are my rights ???
    Tags: None

Originally posted by PMW View Post
    I have been banned from a hotel i have been going to for the last 34 years. It came about because I complained about the service. After I had left the general manager wrote to me cancelling my summer reservation and told me i can no longer stay there or visit. I wrote to the directors (it is a charitable trust) and was told there were 3 staff statements outlining my 'behaviour' and because of this the ban remains. I still have no idea what I am accused of. I have asked the directors to obtain statements from other guests but this fell on deaf ears. I have approached 2 groups of people who were there at the same time and they say they did not notice a disturbance. The hotel say they will honour the booking for my wife and son provided I confirm in writing that I will not visit at any time. I have submitted a SAR request in the hope of discovering what I'm supposed to have done. .... what are my rights ???
    As it is private property they have the right to ban you and only they can overturn that ban.

Regards libel or defamation, these claims which are heard in the High Court and so there are serious costs involved in them.

See what your SAR says, but I think you may have to take your custom elsewhere.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X