• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Comms Rover and Supanet Internet Provider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comms Rover and Supanet Internet Provider

Do anyone know who or what Comms Rover is about
    Rang who I thought was Sky and was redirected to a company called Supanet who lead me to believe they were Sky
    I entered into a contract 15 days later I realized they were not an outsourcing company
    Took case to Ofcom they listened to sales call recording amongst other evidence and agreed that on two occasions I stated to Supanet what I wanted to switch to Sky broadband to connect to my sky q boxes that I just had fitted.
    Ofcom agreed that the agent did not clarify on either occasion that I was not speaking to Sky and they could not provide me with Sky Broadband
    Ofcom report that they are satisfied my intentions were clear and they consider the agent was negligent by not being clear about the services they could provide
    Ofcom found in Supanet favour I believe that they sold my a service that was not fit for purpose and that I was mislead What can I do Stuck with massive bill for nothing as I had to cancel
    Tags: None

You are not liable for the bill. The contract was procured, putting it at it's lowest, by mistake.

Comment

Have you a copy of Ofcoms decision ? Reading what you have said were their findings is entirely at odds with them finding in Supanets favour.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes that is a direct quote from decision
        They did go on to say Agent did refer to Supanet on 9 occasions during call and made no reference to Sky
        However still under impression that they were a subsidiary of Sky The contract was still signed in belief a Sky router would be sent
        Supanet said that the system wouldn't go live until 15 days after signing contact
        The box was opened that day and it was then it was realized in wasn't sky equipment Out of time to cancel without being charges 500pounds plus

Comment

Interested to know who Comms Rover are as Ofcom said they were the people I rang in first place I have never heard of them and they are the ones that a the main players in this situation Are they like Go Compare

Comment

They were fined for slamming in 2013

Comment

In agreement with post 3, you also need a copy of the recording of the conversation. Sadly, it is sometimes the case that the Ombudsman case worker, the person, who, in practice, makes the decision, has little legal training.

Comment

Thanks I have talked to OFcom and they said I cant reopen case after decision Have all the evidence and recording

Comment

Suggest you post up "all the evidence and recording".

Comment

Originally posted by welshroots View Post
                    Yes that is a direct quote from decision
                    They did go on to say Agent did refer to Supanet on 9 occasions during call and made no reference to Sky
                    However still under impression that they were a subsidiary of Sky The contract was still signed in belief a Sky router would be sent
                    Supanet said that the system wouldn't go live until 15 days after signing contact
                    The box was opened that day and it was then it was realized in wasn't sky equipment Out of time to cancel without being charges 500pounds plus
                    !4 day cancellation period begins the day after the contract is signed and ends at the end of the 14th day so check those dates

Comment

Perhaps that is why the service doesn't go live till day 15, it takes it past the cancellation period and so nobody can notice until that time.

Could an argument not be made that the contract is not completed until the start of the service?

Comment

The contract starts when it is signed , not unfortunately when the service begins.

I suggested checking the exact dates because we all know you have 14 days, but someone in Supanet may have slipped up and started counting from day of signing and not the day after

Comment

Still in dispute
                          Were not sent SKY equipment as requested from SUPANET
                          COMMS BROKER a supposed comparison website, were the company we orginally rang, through a misleading ad on line which made us think we were ringing Sky
                          They advertise SKY TALKTALK and BT on their websites using their logos and images

http://www.opticsinternet.com/contact.html

https://UK-ISP.COM

They share the same address as SUPANET in Burnley
                          They do not compare !!!
                          I have rung them quite a few times and they say Supanet are highly recommended I wonder why?
                          I asked a couple of times how many companies they compare
                          One girl said only one Supanet and a few refused to tell me
                          Fraud company or what
                          Quick Collect the debt collecting company chasing our invoice are also sharing the same address VERY Curious What can we do ?

Comment

I think you are possibly protected by The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 which you should study in relation to what you were told/read.

Comment

How can we get them on this I have reported all to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Bureau as you cant talk to them directly

Just listened to telephone transsript again COMMS BRoker who took the intial call didnt even pass the call to Supanet

The agent answering phone took all the direct debt details, to me that proves they are the same company .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X