• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors Notice of pending legal action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors Notice of pending legal action

Hi all I have received a notice of pending legal action from Lowell Solicitors. I have Aspergers and am not sure how to deal with this I was told by a friend to make a post here to ask for some guidance. Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi Misterdige and Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us what the original debt was ... was it a credit card, loan, overdraft or something else?

How much approximately are Lowells asking for ?

The letter you have received, has it come with a Reply form that looks something like this?

fetch?id=1181947&d=1516804857.jpg
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes the letter has a form like that with it the ammount is £4906.44 which is made up of two accounts. one for Littlewoods catalogue with shop direct finance £2489. and one for vanquis bank ltd which was a credit card for £2583

Comment

it says Both of them were assigned? to the client in the begining of 2014

Comment

Okay so there are two debts of yours which Lowell now own. Both purchased in early 2014.

You want to complete the reply form then and separately send two letters to Lowell requesting copies of the original agreements.

The reply form you want to complete with

BOX C - I don't know whether I owe this debt.

BOX I - I require more documents - then list .....
          a) Full Agreement and Terms
          b) Full statement of Account from its inception including any interest, charges and insurances charged.
          c) Default Notice
          d) Notice of Assignment
          e) Termination Notice

and send back by Registered post - keep a copy for yourself as well.

Then two of these letters - https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/ - to Lowell, one for the Littlewoods account and one for the Vanquis account. Each will need a £1 payment ( so cheque or postal order from the post office ) and they do need to go in separate envelopes. Get a certificate of posting receipt and keep copies.

Next I would send a Subject Access Request to Shop Direct and to Vanquis - I'll put that on the next post though as the above wants doing first

This should get you all the documents and evidence you need to know whether you will need to look at coming to an arrangement to pay or might be able to defend any court proceedings they bring.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Subject Access Requests - letter here https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

One to ...;

Shop Direct
            Data Protection
            Aintree Innovation Centre
            Park Lane, Netherton
            Bootle
            Liverpool
            L30 1SL

The other to;

Vanquis
            Data Protection
            1 Godwin Street
            Bradford
            BD1 2SU

They have 30 days to reply with copies of all information they hold about you.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you so so so much i will do that today and let you know what happens next.

Comment

On the postal orders or cheques for the £1 payments write "CCA 1974 STAT FEE ONLY" and make sure to make copies of those as well. Lowell have a nasty habit of applying £1's to the alleged debts when that's not what they're for.
                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Where it says Creditor name and address etc on the letter for the cca one is that littewoods/vanquis or is that lowell?

Comment

It would be Lowell for the CCA letter purpose
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X