• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received County Court Claim - can I avoid an actual CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received County Court Claim - can I avoid an actual CCJ?

Hello

I am desperate for some advice. I’ve received a County Court Claim form from DrydensFairfax for outstanding student loans from 1996 totalling just over £1,300 plus fees taking the claim up to £1,500.

I have sent my forms off to the court admitting the debt and offering to pay it off at £5 per month, which is all I can afford. I submitted an income and expenditure form to detail my financial situation. However, I’m now regretting doing this as I’ve just re-read the forms and seen that I should have sent them to Drydens rather than the court as doing so will automatically result in a CCJ.

Other than paying the £1,500 in full, which I can’t as I don’t have that kind of money, is there any way I can avoid a CCJ? Are they likely to go ahead with the judgement? If I manage to speak to Drydens (I have called and never been able to get through) will they accept a payment plan without a CCJ?

I really need to not have a CCJ on my credit file over the coming years.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X