• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

notice to set aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amethyst,

He is a sole trader so not registered with companies house, the CCJ is against him personally trading as his old company name. He has managed to keep the HCEO out of his house so far, and his vehicle’s are all leased.

My best bet I think is for the enforcement officer to get into the unit and take control of his work equipment, he has chainsaws, wood milling equipment and joinery machinery in there. He is doing some work at a local hotel but I don’t think they can enforce while he’s at work at a third party location if I’ve read correctly online.

Hopefully he has just changed his company name but I think he’s a bit more savvy then that and has probably sold it somehow and someone else will be able to prove they own the ‘new’ company.

I was hoping to speak to someone I know at the hotel and find out when his invoice is getting paid then try and do a third party debtor order on his bank account if he’s not changed that as well. He’s had nearly three weeks to get ahead now and I won’t see the court order until next week so am trying to get myself prepared.

many thanks

linz

Comment

HCEO can visit anywhere they reasonably suspect the defendant of conducting his business and enter commercial premises by force.

I’d suggest his stalling is probably just going to add difficulty to the HCEO collecting meaning that’ll cost him more as they’ll be collecting longer.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Just to add that if the judgement is in his name as a sole trader he can’t change business name or sell a company the way you can with a Limited company.

The judgement is against him, he can’t get away from it.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X