• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN at McDonalds Mondial Way South Hayes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN at McDonalds Mondial Way South Hayes

Overstaying 60 minute limit but was in the establishment the whole time and have receipts. Do I contest or not and how? I know many are always asking this but they sent the notice in time but also only sent to me as registered keeper and do not know who the driver was, help!
    Tags: None

So post up the redacted PCN, leaving the dates.

Have you asked the driver to go in and complaining to the management, together with those receipts?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So post up the redacted PCN, leaving the dates.

Have you asked the driver to go in and complaining to the management, together with those receipts?
      The driver does not live in the area so are unable to complain to management. They have tried to telephone but cannot get through.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tbh I can't see a legal argument to this one.
        There seems to be adequate site signage clearly stating the 60 minutes stay.
        https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4814...2!9m2!1b1!2i50
        Do you have any pics of the signs inside the car park?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The signs are not entirely clear on entry and on the day of the PCN there were high-sided vehicles obstructing signs (photo 1) and where the driver parked in photos 3 & 4 there are no signs visible at all so if one left from there and entered the building it would be possible to miss the signs. Also there are no signs on entry to the building which is the direction most people would be looking on leaving their car? Also as the driver was on a long journey and was stopping for safety reasons to reduce fatigue before an on-going journey and have receipts to show purchases in the establishement for the extended period, can these be seen as mitigating circumstances or not? Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

I can only give my opinion, but with the clear signs at the entrance which direct the driver to the main signs in the carpark, it would be a bit of an uphill struggle to convince a judge that the signs weren't prominent enough.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              I can only give my opinion, but with the clear signs at the entrance which direct the driver to the main signs in the carpark, it would be a bit of an uphill struggle to convince a judge that the signs weren't prominent enough.
              As for the 'fatigue' argument, this would be a mitigating reason rather than a legal argument.
              But I do know of one instance where a court has accepted it.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...rister-85-fine
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X