• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kearns letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kearns letter of claim

Hi,

I've recently joined, great site.

I was hoping for some guidance on a recent letter of claim I received from Kearns on behalf of IDR / link relating to an alleged debt with Barclaycard pre 2007 for approx £12k.

I've sent off cca request but I'm not expecting a reply until after the 30 days.

I fully intend to defend but my question is;

should I ask for 30 more days and contest the claim
    or
    should I ask for 30 more days and tick off the box that says I am undecided on contesting the claim.

thanks

Milky
    Tags: None

I can supply more details this evening if required.

Milky

Comment

I would say " I don't know whether I owe this debt" ( box C ? ) and then ask for documents ( Box I ? ) ie. the Agreement and Terms, Transactions, Default and Assignment Notices.

When did you default and when did you last make a payment to the debt ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply,

The last time I made any payment was around feb 2013 but I believe the default date as shown on credit report is mid to late 2013.
        Sorry I don't have all the info to hand just now.

Comment

That's okay. Not statute barred then You've done right sending the CCA request - we'll have a look at the reply later on.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi again,

​​​​​​Just an update to say Kearns have acknowledged my replied "letter of claim".

I am a little concerned with my cca request though. I sent the request to IDR finance UK II Limited with a £1 postal order.
            But, I forgot to write "For Statutory Purposes Only".

should I be concerned about this technicality?

Should the letter have gone to link Financial instead?

I know the letter has been received but just concerned that it hasn't been acknowledged.
            ​​​​​​
            Thanks, Milky

Comment

Good Morning ,

I received a letter of claim in November of last year and returned the form in good time, asking for an extra 30 days and requesting details, documents, cca, etc. I stated that I "didn't know if I owed the debt"

The returned for was acknowledged by Kearns, saying the documents would be sent in due course.

I am now at the end of the 30 day extension. Should I wait for the documents to come through (which I assume they don't have) or am I obliged to write to them, "denying" the alleged debt.

Help would be greatly appreciated,
              thanks, Milky

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X