• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

suspected shoplift lidl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You so much for your reply

one last question how long will they keep my details... for how long will they maintain this record?
    I saw in google its says RLP will will keep details for six years..is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      They are just trying to frighten you. They themselves are breaking the law by keeping your personal details without good cause. If you paid any money it would be kept by RLP. If they hand your data to anyone else then they are seriously breaking the law.

Just ignore, as usual.

Thank You so much for your reply

one last question how long will they keep my details... for how long will they maintain this record?
      I saw in google its says RLP will will keep details for six years..is that true?

Comment

No idea if it was true but just ignore anyway. If the data they hold "leaks" out to any one else then you may have a data protection case against them.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          No idea if it was true but just ignore anyway. If the data they hold "leaks" out to any one else then you may have a data protection case against them.
          ok...thank you

Comment

Hi All,

Got my second letter today from RLP , I forgot to mention that both in first and second letter my surname has wrong spelling and the date of incident is wrong(wrong date they mention in the letter).
            I gave my date of birth to security....will RLP save my date of birth in their record... I scared because in this country...we can get a persons all information from their date of birth...even their medical history too....

How long does RLP keep my details...when they'll remove my details....does they save my date of birth too...

when they'll stop send these letters...these letters scaring me

I too scared that they're having my name and date of birth in their record

Comment

They'll keep writing until they get sick of getting no response. They are trying to scare you into paying.

If they use your details for something else then they could be in very deep doodah. But then they have the details wrong so no problem there.

Comment

Thanks Ostell for your quick reply..when ever i get a letter that affects my regular day to day life for some days...its make me hard to come out from the incident....but am trying to come out......

Also i should thank you from my heart....for my every thread... your replies are so quick and makes me so calm...thanks again for words.

Comment

Hi,

Two days before i got third letter from RLP, in that letter one paragraph says, "We take this opportunity of confirming the position regarding your data. we will rely upon our client's information as an accurate account of your action and your information will be retained for a period compliant with GDPR". what does this means?

will they keep my details for life time or what?

Thanks

Comment

It means they are trying to frighten you.
                    The regulation states that personal data must be kept “no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed” [Art.5(1)(e)].

But what they going to do with your data anyway?..........so ignore them

Comment

Thanks for your reply..

Do you have any idea how long will they keep my data? also,

When they'll delete my details?

Comment

not long if you read the above, relax and get on with your life - this is experience you should learn a lesson from,

Comment

thanks Mike770 for your reply... In their (RLP)website I've seen that the personal data they store..will keep for six year in England...

Is that true??? will they keep my details in their record for six years??? Do you know about that???

Do you know when they'll delete my details??

Am scared pls reply.

Comment

Why be scared because some plonker keeps a note of your name and address for 6 years (the period of the Limitation Act)?
                            They still can't do anything with it

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              Why be scared because some plonker keeps a note of your name and address for 6 years (the period of the Limitation Act)?
                              They still can't do anything with it
                              ok thanks Des8....within six years.. they wont deleted my details? will they delete my data after six year only???

Comment

Sorry, but I don't know if or when they delete such details.
                                All I know is that I wouldn't worry about it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X