• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

suspected shoplift lidl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspected shoplift lidl

Hi,
    last week I went for shopping in Lidl with baby..while I was doing shopping my baby(one and half years old) was crying & screaming all the time(once i enter the shop)..w
    he took some things which can grab (playing) and put it in our buggy...I throw it then & there what all he put in buggy.... at that time I took one shirt (its worth 4-5 pound) and I put in my bag(to buy only)..

because I can't carry shop basket while handling my baby & also I want to push buggy.as well...but he was keep on crying asking for chocolate ...so I took biscuit from the shop open and gave to him to eat
    but I gone frustrating in shopping, so I went to counter to bill for the open biscuit packet..

but I completely forgot that I kept dress in my bag ...where still my baby crying....not sitting in the buggy... i was in full stress..and decided to finish the shopping and to reach the home.

when I was coming out alarm rung and security guards checked my bill and bag there that dress was there..
    so he took to room and said madam you shouldn't take item without paying... initially I told(scared completely) may be wrongly my baby had put.
    but he said if so then we will put Ur baby in child center. i frightened a lot and told him

sir....its my mistake I forgot completely that dress in bag because my baby was crying all the time once I entered the shop.I apologized a lot to him.
    also I told him if I were a shoplifter why should I pay for the biscuit...it my mistake only that I forgot completely..

I said...I will pay for that dress more than twice to him...but he didn't say anything (he took back that dress along with him)...I was totally scared & body started shivering ...as it's was the first time I ever experienced....
    like this and all...

The security just took my address and DOB...and told me to leave....by saying...mam you can leave now...as your baby is still crying...in soft voice......he was not harsh to me....
    am totally scared ...and I beg the security person it my unknown mistake....I literally start crying also....

He didnt call police, he didnt take my picture.....he (security) didnt say any word that am banned from store or you will receive ban letter from store (another staff who stands near to him said that you get ban letter) also they didnt ask me to sign in any form..... what does these means...am not convicted....they wont add my name in any record.

What he'll do with my address...also he(security) noted my address and dob in piece of paper (an half A4 sheet) which in the table near to him.

it's been eight days now from that incident..still I didn't get any letter from them.....

But I still I can't come out from that incident...I can't eat & sleep properly...am worried and scared so much..

What they'll do with my address & dob...will they trace me or give complain to police will police knock my door...

Will my name add in police record...will I get ban letter from lidl store... will Iidl go for civil court....

Am completely scared & worried a lot...pls help....

Thanks

Tags: None

Hi and welcome

first thing is to calm down and stop stressing out.
    A mother with a child having tantrums can be forgiven for being mightily distracted
    The police will not be called
    You have not been convicted of any crime and will not have a record
    The store may keep a note about the incident, and you probably will receive a letter banning you from the store (just have to shop somewhere else)

You will also possibly/probably receive a letter from some other company demanding payment for the costs you have caused Lidl.
    Although this letter will seem very legal it can be ignored.
    Its intention is solely to frighten you into paying their unreasonable demands.

If you want any further advice just post here again
    meanwhile don't fret, look after your child and enjoy life

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi and welcome

first thing is to calm down and stop stressing out.
      A mother with a child having tantrums can be forgiven for being mightily distracted
      The police will not be called
      You have not been convicted of any crime and will not have a record
      The store may keep a note about the incident, and you probably will receive a letter banning you from the store (just have to shop somewhere else)

You will also possibly/probably receive a letter from some other company demanding payment for the costs you have caused Lidl.
      Although this letter will seem very legal it can be ignored.
      Its intention is solely to frighten you into paying their unreasonable demands.

If you want any further advice just post here again
      meanwhile don't fret, look after your child and enjoy life
      Thanks for your reply, you said the store may keep a note of the incident....means will they add my name in their database as shoplifter... will they maintain(Lidl have) database for shoplifting or coming else....

Also you I'll receive a letter form company for demanding payment....will that company to go police and will police or that company will have my name in their records...if so how long will they have my record...am very scared now.... am not belong to this country..am planning to extent my visa...from country will this accept that....

when i show my ID my hubby name is also there....whether they will not down his name too in that....he wasnt there...with me that time...he was in his...office....shall he can go to that shop for buying things.

pls help...am totally scare now... will police contact me now...its been 10 days from that incident....how long that demanding company or lidl takes to send letter.....

Comment

As the police were not involved at the time and now will not want to be involved then there can be no criminal record that will affect your visa application.

You may or may not get letters from another company asking for money as compensation for what you allegedly did. They can only ask for compensation for what they lost. They lost nothing they have the item back in a saleable condition. One of these companies did try a court claim a few years ago but the judge threw out the claim. It cost the company a lot of money and they have not tried since. You ignore all these letters. There is a list of these letter in the forum so you can see what to expect. You can find them here

Comment

If you feel up to it in a couple of weeks, you could send a Subject Access Request to Lidl to find out what personal information they are holding about you - your husband could send one too if there are concerns they have taken his info from your ID.

Subject Access Request Letter

It might set your mind at rest. You really don't have anything to worry about, you made a mistake, that's all, it isn't going to affect your life unless you let it stress you out xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Please be reassured by the other posters.

As you are not a British citizen, and probably not used to our systems, it is understandable that you are very worried and concerned.
            However you really do not have to worry about anything.
            The police are not and will not be involved.
            You will not have a criminal record and this incident will not affect your visa renewal.
            Lidl's may or may not keep your details on file (but they can't use them for anything!)
            Although banned from their store you could actually go back in and purchase goods.
            If you do no further wrong in the store they cannot take any other action except to refuse to sell to you and request you leave the store.

Do come back if you need further reassurance

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              Please be reassured by the other posters.

As you are not a British citizen, and probably not used to our systems, it is understandable that you are very worried and concerned.
              However you really do not have to worry about anything.
              The police are not and will not be involved.
              You will not have a criminal record and this incident will not affect your visa renewal.
              Lidl's may or may not keep your details on file (but they can't use them for anything!)
              Although banned from their store you could actually go back in and purchase goods.
              If you do no further wrong in the store they cannot take any other action except to refuse to sell to you and request you leave the store.

Do come back if you need further reassurance
              Thanks a lot for your reply..one last question....its been ten now from that incident still i didnt get any letter from them...both lidl or from RLP or other companies....ill wait for another one week...after then i didnt receive any letters means....can i assure that i wont get any letter from them hereafter...also my data wont be there (not saved) in Lidl or any money demanding company...

sorry for annoying...as we're British citizen...we just came to earn money and settle in our country...so i dont want to be tagged as like shoplifter(am not too )...or something in this country.....its my mistake...ashamed of been careless...next time ill be more conscious while doing shopping will get to practice to carry shop basket to carry goods not bag.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                As the police were not involved at the time and now will not want to be involved then there can be no criminal record that will affect your visa application.

You may or may not get letters from another company asking for money as compensation for what you allegedly did. They can only ask for compensation for what they lost. They lost nothing they have the item back in a saleable condition. One of these companies did try a court claim a few years ago but the judge threw out the claim. It cost the company a lot of money and they have not tried since. You ignore all these letters. There is a list of these letter in the forum so you can see what to expect. You can find them here
                Thanks a lot for your kind words...

Comment

Can't say when the money chasing company will send their first letter.
                  I think it can be upto 6 weeks after the incident.
                  Please just don't worry about it.
                  If and when you get a letter , just ignore it.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi All,

yesterday i got letter from RLP...also I've seen a sentence say, A money claim from "Country court"....what to do now it was my first letter..

Also ive seen the list of scary letter you asked me to see....mine is also looks same...

what to do now...should I ignore..

If I ignore the letter...will they go to police...will police contact me if I ignore the letter....

Will this letter affect for applying any visa.

Am scared and new to this country... that's why am asking these questions, sorry for annoying.

Pls help me.

Thanks.

Comment

Yep if the letter is the same as the ones you were pointed to then just ignore. We said they were scary letters and that's why they mention the the County Court in order to scare people into paying the unwarranted sum they are asking for.

They cannot claim the money in court, only Lidl can do that and the last time they persuaded a client of theirs to do that they got thoroughly spanked by the judge and have not tried again since.

They can't go to the police as you have not done anything against them. Only Lidl can involve the police and it was so long ago the police would not be interested.

Just file the letter in the filing cabinet on the floor and wait for the next one.

This letter can in no way affect your visa application. You have not been taken to criminal court (and will not be) and there cannot be a criminal record that would affect your visa application.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          Yep if the letter is the same as the ones you were pointed to then just ignore. We said they were scary letters and that's why they mention the the County Court in order to scare people into paying the unwarranted sum they are asking for.

They cannot claim the money in court, only Lidl can do that and the last time they persuaded a client of theirs to do that they got thoroughly spanked by the judge and have not tried again since.

They can't go to the police as you have not done anything against them. Only Lidl can involve the police and it was so long ago the police would not be interested.

Just file the letter in the filing cabinet on the floor and wait for the next one.

This letter can in no way affect your visa application. You have not been taken to criminal court (and will not be) and there cannot be a criminal record that would affect your visa application.
                          Thank you so much for your warm words....which brought me back to normal

Comment

Hi all,

Yesterday i read the RLP letter fully...in that one column named Data protection act....says that my details will be saved for a period and will be deleted my details once after the client get the claim from us is this true?

how long will they save my details in their database?
                            I I've paid the penalty they claimed...will they delete my name from their database?
                            If I didnt pay..how long will they keep my details?

Pls help me...am scared after reading that? I dont want to be tagged as a shoplifter in where in this country...because we came to this country to earn , save dont want to get into any controversies.

Do they any procedures to get remove from the RLP database?
                            Thanks

Comment

They are just trying to frighten you. They themselves are breaking the law by keeping your personal details without good cause. If you paid any money it would be kept by RLP. If they hand your data to anyone else then they are seriously breaking the law.

Just ignore, as usual.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X