• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bar has been entered - what does this mean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bar has been entered - what does this mean

I have an active case on MCOL regarding a company who turned my garden into a building site and left with £7000 of my money.
    I have reached judgement stage to claim back the cost of putting the garden right and have submitted the 3rd party debt order, as the debtor has not responded to any of the notices.
    The system now says 'a bar has been put in place on ********, and that it has been transferred to Norwich court. Does this mean that the director will be called to court? No paper work has yet come out to me.
    All previous correspondence that i have sent recorded to the business address has been sent back un-collected, I am now aware of the sole directors personal address but believe that papers cannot be served there as it is not linked to the business, is this correct?
    Does this note mean that the bank accounts in question have been frozen as per the order process or that the matter is now being dealt with in court.
    I am wary not to send anything to the address I know before the court have investigated if this be what they are doing as do not want to risk giving him the heads up and him emptying his account so no funds can be claimed.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by gardenissues View Post
    I have an active case on MCOL regarding a company who turned my garden into a building site and left with £7000 of my money.
    I have reached judgement stage to claim back the cost of putting the garden right and have submitted the 3rd party debt order, as the debtor has not responded to any of the notices.
    The system now says 'a bar has been put in place on ********, and that it has been transferred to Norwich court. Does this mean that the director will be called to court? No paper work has yet come out to me.
    All previous correspondence that i have sent recorded to the business address has been sent back un-collected, I am now aware of the sole directors personal address but believe that papers cannot be served there as it is not linked to the business, is this correct?
    Does this note mean that the bank accounts in question have been frozen as per the order process or that the matter is now being dealt with in court.
    I am wary not to send anything to the address I know before the court have investigated if this be what they are doing as do not want to risk giving him the heads up and him emptying his account so no funds can be claimed.
    A bar is put in place to prevent any parties from moving the claim forward in any way.

You would be best advised to contact the court to ask why the bar has been placed.

Is it a Limited Company or is he a sole trader?

The court cannot freeze the bank account of the company until an order is issued and therefore at this time they will not be frozen.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X