• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Handing in notice whilst suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handing in notice whilst suspended

Hi
    i really hope someone can help me......

on thursday, I was suspended from my role and escourted from the premises. Their reason was I said I was working on a day when they think I wasn’t and that I am claiming hours unfairly. However, I have found out since that they have extended that and now looking into all aspects of my employment. - a colleague has informed me

however, I feel as though I have done nothing wrong and that this is a personal attack. I have seen the compla y behave like this on other occasions so I know that it is very likely to end in a dismissal - whether I feel this is fair or not at this point I feel is immaterial.

i am lucky that my friends and family are all extremely supportive and have advised me to tender my resignation as personally I do not feel that I can go back to work for them. Since this happened I have been unable to sleep / eat / drink etc and am going to the doctors later today to see if they can provide me with something to help me sleep.

Myquestion is, if I hand in my resignation stating that due to the detrimental effect on my health and family etc, they have left me with no other option but to leave, will this prevent me from challenging them in the future?

I know now that they do not have to accept it and could still continue the investigation but to act as a reasonable employer, they will have to consider my health and well being and ultimately, with me resigning, they have got what they want......

if if anyone has any advice, I really need to hear from someone
    Tags: None

Re: Handing in notice whilst suspended

How long have you been employed by the company?

What type of challenge do you want make in the future if you decided to resign?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      How long have you been employed by the company?

What type of challenge do you want make in the future if you decided to resign?
      Hi
      i transferred to this company April 2016 but my continuous service date is October 2008.

In I’m not sure regarding a challenge, I guess if they continue with this process, I will want to clear my name, it is all so raw at the moment that I can’t think about it without bursting into tears

Comment

Have they formally written to you confirming your suspension (I presume on full pay) giving an indication of what they are investigating?

Just to let you know that as part of the investigation you may be invited in for a meeting, at which time if the issue is about you claiming to be working a day when you were not it would be good to provide evidence that you were in fact working thereby supporting your claim for those hours. Once they have concluded the investigation the company will determine whether they are going to pursue the matter by way of any disciplinary action and if so you should be formally invited to a disciplinary meeting. If they determine no further action is required then you will be able to return to work.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
          Have they formally written to you confirming your suspension (I presume on full pay) giving an indication of what they are investigating?

Just to let you know that as part of the investigation you may be invited in for a meeting, at which time if the issue is about you claiming to be working a day when you were not it would be good to provide evidence that you were in fact working thereby supporting your claim for those hours. Once they have concluded the investigation the company will determine whether they are going to pursue the matter by way of any disciplinary action and if so you should be formally invited to a disciplinary meeting. If they determine no further action is required then you will be able to return to work.
          I have just received my letter via email and yes I am on full pay. They are investigating whether i was or wasn't working on a day. I have evidence which shows that I was working off line. Myself and my husband have agreed that I will not be returning to work there as after this as I feel that my name and reputation has been dirtied.

I will be looking for alternative employment immediately.

thank you for your help

Comment

I wish you the best of luck looking for alternative employment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X