• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with the site, is it me? :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the site, is it me? :(

The site seems very slow and I keep getting error messages such as 'database error' when viewing posts. Also when posting, I'm getting a dialog box asking me whether I want to leave the page when I click on 'Post reply', sometimes my post appears, others I'm taken back to the list of posts. :noidea:

I'm using the same browser I've been using all along (Firefox) and this never happened before. :sad: :confused2:

Re: Problems with the site, is it me?

Yes it is a little slow at the moment, we are looking into it.

As for the database errors, if one occurs again can you copy the text of the message, it will help us.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Yes it's running very slow for me too.

Comment

IF YOU FED ME MORE CHOCOLATE I'D PEDAL FASTER msl: (slow here too)

Comment

The hosting company are having a few issues at the moment apparently, so unfortunately until they have sorted it their end, we will have to be patient.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If it doesn`t resolve, try this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24734296

Comment

Yes, it's slow and frustrating even with Explorer...

Comment

I was on a Mac during the day, on Win 7 laptop now, still getting the "stay on page or leave page" message when posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                    Yes it's running so unbearably (not a little bit) slow for me that I can't cope with the frustration. I say this as a 'time poor' person.

Comment

Thought I hadn't seen you about today ... mine has sped up a little bit now so hopefully things are getting back to normal. I'll speak to the server peeps again tomorrow and see what the deal is.

FP, I haven't had any probs with posting ... other than it taking about 30secs to go through on occasion ... we have had a lot of database timeout errors today so U might have just hit those, or tried to leave the page before it had completed.

I have turned off the spam Bot for registrations as that is a huge load on the server so we may have a few more spam posts than usual until I'm happy to turn it back on, load wise.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have had no problems whatsoever
                        But there again..

I do live in "God's Own County":lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post

As for the database errors, if one occurs again can you copy the text of the message, it will help us.
                          you should be able to see any issues in the server error logs.

if you think that the captcha makes a problem for your server load, you could try a third party captcha and use that instead?

im one of the developers with phpbb, but i know nothing about this sites software so cant offer any help apart from looking at the server logs to find and fix the problem.

Comment

I don't think it is the captcha, but we've just fixed a couple tables and cleared the spam logs and we're down to under 6 seconds to load the main forum page ... which isn't bad considering how much continually changing info is on there.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Had the same problem with post yesterday, coming up with " are you sure you want to leave this page" then "you have already posted this message"
                              IE 8 Windows Seven.
                              Also is it possible for me to change site colours? due to poor eyesight the pale blue on white is very difficult to read.
                              Cheers!
                              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X