• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with the site, is it me? :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with the site, is it me?

40 cigarettes..a vat of tea and a good nights sleep and it's all sorted here (oh,,and the sites now ok too)msl:

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      Had the same problem with post yesterday, coming up with " are you sure you want to leave this page" then "you have already posted this message"
      IE 8 Windows Seven.
      Also is it possible for me to change site colours? due to poor eyesight the pale blue on white is very difficult to read.
      Cheers!
      I had that problem on Firefox - Mac and PC but not on iPad. Posting seems fine this morning (FF on Mac), site still loads a little slower than before but much faster than yesterday. :thumb:

Maybe it was a Halloween spook playing havoc with the database, :spooky: spooks seem to have been going round messing with people's computers yesterday.

Comment

Dog tired ... would black and white (very light grey) be better ? We used to have a style you could switch to which was higher contrast and larger text but lost it in an 'upgrade' and never got around to redoing it.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The spooks were up half the night to get it this good lol. Just don't yell at me about Spammers for a little while. All seems much better now anyway although we have lost a few backroom features it should be noticeable on site barring the spammers. Our spam buster works a bit too well and needed sorting as I keep getting emails from new members having trouble registering because our spam buster is a bit over zealous. It's a bit of a balancing act.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            The spooks were up half the night to get it this good lol. Just don't yell at me about Spammers for a little while. All seems much better now anyway although we have lost a few backroom features it should be noticeable on site barring the spammers. Our spam buster works a bit too well and needed sorting as I keep getting emails from new members having trouble registering because our spam buster is a bit over zealous. It's a bit of a balancing act.
            I've just posted something in chatbox about a suspected spammer. :behindsofa: SORRY!!! I wasn't yelling though... just wondering... :decision: eep: :bolt:

Comment

yes please xx
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                The hosting company are having a few issues at the moment apparently, so unfortunately until they have sorted it their end, we will have to be patient.
                Any news on this problem

I'm on both IE10 and/or Chrome and the site is still horribly sluggish compared with recent performance so it can only be a new problem.

Maybe you should ask the hosting company for your money back

Comment

LB is very slow for me still today. We've had a problem with our internet generally and had the engineers out yesterday, the good thing is the page isn't timing out now, and I haven't had the error messages. I had the Database thingy too, but just ignored it.

At the end of the day, 30 seconds isn't a long wait in the scheme of things, and problems happen. I'm happy I haven't had to give up trying to get onto the site today, so that is a major improvement. The ghosts of halloween are having some effect on the servers! :spooky:halocat2halocat2halocat2

Comment

Not my fault!

I distinctly instructed "Do not feed them after midnight!"

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Site extremely slow, QUOTE facility very erratic.

Comment

Still slower than it used to be this morning, but not as bad as yesterday and the day before. :witchy: :spooky: :marchmellow: tortghost

Hosting companies can be a real PITA :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: - one I use has disabled all Wordpress logins!

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                          yes please xx
                          i'll set it up xxx it will be accessible via the drop down menu at the very bottom left of the forum.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

According to the Haynes manual, it could be the nut behind the steering wheel.

:bolt:
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

well it's the same nut that's driven it all along, so wouldn't surprise me if it,s a bit worn.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Without wishing to sound too obvious or anyone thinking I am having a moan the main page load timings are as below, I will let you add up which individual elements make up the extra time over the main body of the page which as you will see is 2392milliseconds this is the starting point for all pages
                                Attached Files
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X