• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FMB Fanclub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FMB Fanclub

Oooooh thats a dangerous game nowadays, Les did some driving for a while a few back, in fact thats how I met him. I was doing the controllers job (part time, eves and weekends to help pay my mortgage) and he did some driving whilst he was setting up his business. Ooooh I remember the first day I saw him come in mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sapphire

Comment

ah well another day off, do seem to be having rather a lot of them lately!! good innit?

Only got 1 holiday left now and that will be to pick my mum up from the airport in 2 weeks time (dropping her off today) so that's Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve again, never mind I'll go late and get it all reduced.

Comment

LOl jan I've been know to do the last min shopping thing too
        there are some good bargins to be had every now and then LOL

Comment

I always go for a mad panic dash on Christmas Eve, even if I don't want anything. It was a sort of tradition with me and my mom, I still carry it on now, although mom has been gone since i was 24.
          This year might be a bit difficult, as I'm in work, supposedly till lunchtime but hair appointment booked for 12.30, stables to do, going out for meal at 7, gotta find time to pick up meat from butchers who shut at 2, make 7 individual trifles and tomato soup (no, not at the same time, don't fancy tomato trifle much). I'll just have to have a token taz round Smethwick High Street, which believe me, won't take long lol. If you knew Smethwick, you'd know what i mean.....
          Is no longer here

Comment

Xmas Eve in our house, get up very early and be outside the supermarket at opening time and get the last minute things, ie cream, bread etc etc (although I usually have a couple of loaves in the freezer anyway). Then shopping done, its home start cooking, cleaning done and chill out - Lovely. Maybe out for a nice meal late afternoon, early evening.

sapphire

Comment

I was in Asda at 5.30am last year - lovely! Not a screaming brat or whinging old git in site. Everything done in 10 mins, and home 5 mins later.
              I re-read my previous post and I sounded like a whinging old git myselfmsl:

Just have to get up mega early and get cracking on the soup and trifles. Spose I could do the soup the day before, but not the trifles. might just leave em till we get home from our curry, by which time I'll be so plastered I'll probably invent a whole new recipe cos I won't know what the bloody hell I'm doingmsl:
              Is no longer here

Comment

My Wife used to work at Asda and at Xmas she would do nights.
                While she was working she would put all the fresh veg in the back up and I would come in at 5am just before she finished at 6am pay for it, job done.

This year due to Xmas eve on Monday, stores are opening at 12.01am Monday morning cos of Sunday trading hours.
                I will prob be there and get everythiong done and out of the way

Comment

Yeah, I'll probably do that myself, cos by about 9am it'll look like a herd of locusts ahs passed through, there'll be nothing left. And thats not like you have to get up early, more a question of go to bed later.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                    Yeah, I'll probably do that myself, cos by about 9am it'll look like a herd of locusts ahs passed through, there'll be nothing left. And thats not like you have to get up early, more a question of go to bed later.
                    Kelly used to work on the Produce Dept (Veg) and it would be empty by then, But you always get the few who turn up at 5pm and ask where the veg is.

She has seen her fair share of fights too, Women scraping over Veg????

The good Point is that due to the fact the stores will be closed at 4pm on sunday, then they will have time to stock up with the store closed, as to trying to do it when its open.

Anyway I dont work Xmas eve

Thats when the drinkimg starts

Comment

I used to work at Asda and volunteered for nights in the run up to Xmas as I couldn't take another one with customers about, I have seen it come to throwing punches over the last frozen turkey, and people taking stuff out of other people's trolleys!

The last Xmas I worked, I had a trolley in the chilled department cold room, and was grabbing veg, cream etc off the deliveries as it came in. Finished at 6 as they were opening the store, so straight through checkout and home.

Comment

Xmas + Shopping + Kids = Havoc !!!!!!!!!!!

If the stores are opening at 12.01 am on Xmas Eve then I will be outside our Tesco's at 11.45 pm with my trolley at the ready. Then its shopping done, put away and a large drink before bedtime.

sapphire

Comment

Blimey this threads gone slow again - come on you lot WAKEY friggin WAKEY lets liven it up at bit.

Anyway, had a nice evening planned and yes you guessed it, we got invaded. Les cousin (who I am very close too and think of her as a sister) 'popped' round for a drink and chat and announced that she is getting a divorce after 27 years of marriage. Seems that she suspects that her hubby has been doing the 'horizontal tango' with various 'others' over the last few years and lots of other things ie going out for a drink and not coming home till early hours of the morning, or not at all. Not talking for days on end, and lots of other things. Anyway she said that enough was enough and she has actually filed for the divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour. Can't believe it we only had a weekend away with them and some others four three weeks ago, and although things were 'strained' we thought that they would work through it.

sapphire

Comment

Well it just goes to show you never know what goes on behind closed doors. It's a shame but life can deal you a dodgy hand at times.

Anyway, Xmas lights are being switch on in Coalville tomorrow , star guest......the Simpsons. Well Bart to be exact. bloody hell, the tax payers money is being put to good use then :rolleyes: :shush:

.....oh some footballer from Leicester City but not sure who

Who's switching on your lights this Xmas?

Comment

The wonderful Mayor of Padiham is switching our Christmas LIGHT on tonight.

Well ok there may be more than one light, me and a lady were chatting about it at the bus stop this morning, and although the shops have little trees with leds on, and the two trees outside the town hall have some bulbs on, we could only see two lamp posts that had Xmas lights on them..... had plenty more than that last year!

Comment

GOOD AFTERNOON
                                I havn't been here for months
                                Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X