• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The in laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The in laws

For those that unfortunately were subject to my ranting the other day - here is an update.

So far we are in to day 5 of my in laws staying- I do love them really but so far have had to try and keep my mouth shut through the following:

My MIL offering to hoover - then moving evry piece of furniture and removing all the cushions ( there was probably weeks of sundry bits and pieces down the sofa)- and cleaning this ne room for over 45 minutes.

Telling me off for letting the dog sit on the sofa( I did it on purpose) - while their rottweiller constantly gets up on the work surface and nicks
    food out of my bins.

constantly making racists remarks when there was a mixed race person in the room.

Thanking me for a meal - but the MIL said she will probably be on the toiet for two days as she wil be "bunged up" ( well drink more prune juice!)

complain of indigestion after every meal.

Also we just found out a QPR player is going to be a new neighbour - the comment was "why on earth would they want to live round here!" (thanks a lot!) but then when they found out they were not English - said "well that will knock a few housand off the value" ( dont worry I certainly did not keep quiet on that one! )

But the worst one was the comments as my sons girlfriend has moved in with my son for a while. ( long story) - but he has his own self contained section in the house and is 21 .his girlfreind has been chucked out by her own parents as their house is too small for the 8 children and also there is a big problem with her stepfather. They do not even have a bed for her at home. We are at present trying to sort out the problem and she is sufferig from depression,

I really tried and tried not to get wound up by the constant critisims and comments ( if it was a cat left abandoned they would have sympathy)

but in the end I could not keep quiet and told them basically it was none of their business and they should butt out ( but in a polite way)
    back later

got to curl MIL hair for her

See I am so forgiving!

Jan
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Re: The in laws

A few facts then. as some of the stuff got right on my wick tbh.
    1) QPR are one of the richest clubs in the whole of the world. Their backers include Bernie Eccleston to name but one.
    2) Racism usually comes from people who are ignorant.
    3) get her on here, cos she already seems to be a complete idiot!

Comment

ROFL! You are extremely forgiving.

You forgot to say that she brings her own prune juice and that she wanted the bath water shared (between adults).

Comment

Aww Scoobydoo,:hug:

It must be so hard for you,how long are they staying ?

What you do (with regards to son and girlfriend,and dog for that matter) is your own business,it's your house and you can do what you like.

My mother can be really bad sometimes,I have seen me clean from top to bottom,but she will always find something to say.

Best to rant on here and get it out of your system,no one will mind,I do it all the time
        Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

The racisim really gets me mad.

Then they accused me of going off on one because I argue with them . They say its a generational thing that I would not understand - but my parents are the same age and always taught me to judge a person on their merits and nothing else.

What I really cant understand is why spend theend of your life constantly moaning and looking on the pessimistic side of every thing! Why get het up about things over which you have no influence - or does not affect you personally? And if you do feel strongly about something and you are retired then you have the ideal opportunity and time on your hands to do something about it - even if its only to write to your MP.

they are really lucky to live in Devon in a nice house surounded by countryside.I think they should count their blessings as they are more fortunate than a lot of people.

My parents have very little but they always keep themselves busy and are really happy.

I just hate it when people are rude,

But I feel really guilty about having a go - but better to do it on here rather than end up in a full blown argument.

I got sensitive about the constant cleaning as I feel insulted but i guess she is trying to help - but I would not dream of doing that even in my mums own house unless I was asked for help.

off to cook dinner - and put prune juice in the dessert.

Oh yes - I forgot its my fault my husband has put on weight!

jan
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

It seems to me that they have outstayed their welcome. When are they going home?

Comment

oh yes the bath water thing got worse yesterday my MIL had a bath - then MFIL used the water and then offered the water third hand to my husband! TRUE - YUK

Dont know how long they ae here they have not said could be two weeks.

JAn

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
                Dont know how long they ae here they have not said could be two weeks.

JAn
                Then I have to ask.....why?

Comment

Also they keep threatening to take our animals down to devon as we do not look after them. And thank god the weather is bad or they would be out in the garden sorting that out (its in a mess as we are renovating the house)

Its comments like " are you just going to leave all that rubbish at the front of your house"
                  Of course not! We both work full time and will do it when we can!

About 18 months ago - because I am really a lovely person we held their 50th anniversary party here - they were going to invite 50 people - which I was fine with.

On the day there were 90 - and I nearly had a nervous breakdown.

On the whole they are ok - just think that nobody else argues with them like me so they get away with it!

Tired from Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                    Then I have to ask.....why?
                    because they are family - and they mean well - under it all

And I am obviously a wonderful hostess

Comment

It seems to me that they are walking all over you. Take your animals, vacuuming your carpets, letting their dog eating from worktops yet scolding you for letting yours on your own sofa in your own house, racist comments, complaining of constipation and indigestion after eating your meals, denigrating your neighbourhood then your neighbours before they have even moved in, insulting your son and his girlfriend, accusing you of being argumentative because you disagree with them, inviting nearly twice as many people to a party than they said they would...have I left anything out?

Tell them to go home and only come back when they can behave like guests and show some gratitude for what you are doing for them. Letting them stay is only going to make them worse.

Do you really think they mean well because I just don't see it.

Comment

But they are my husbands parents and I think they have got worse as they get older - and as i said before no one else answers them back .

I did actually shout at my FIL the other night and I am not going to apologise . They dont stay very often and I hate family rows.

MOH thinks I am over sensitive but I suppose thats normal when you feel you dont measure up to their standards. But I dont want the same things in life - I think I would rather be working than doing housework that just needs doing again 5 minutes later .

Its always worse the first few days - then things settle down - and they visit their other children and grand children that will give us break.

Jan

Comment

Hypocritical, obnoxious, denegrating, are you sure she dosn't moderate on a that consumer website we know and love?

Knowing you Scooby, the very embodiment of tact, patience and reason, you'd be dealing with it far better than most.

Comment

Do I sense a teensy wincy ltle tiny bit of sarcasam there?

I can look after myself - its biting my tongue I am difficult at. And trust me when My father in law gets going he can be worse!

I love healthy debate and like to get people to look at both sides even if its not my opinion - however when people are blinkered and rude - I am afraid I do lash back.

For example he was stating how all foriegners have to many children and use up all the worlds resources - I just had to point out that they had 5 children so what right have they to critisise (that didnt go down too well!)

If I hear the word re-cycle one more time I think I will scream.

Never mind back to work tomorrow for a rest

Comment

wow relief - they are loving a programme - the way we were. Its worth missing eastenders for.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X