• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The in laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The in laws

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Do I sense a teensy wincy ltle tiny bit of sarcasam there?
    You do about implying your MIL is a moderator but the rest I really meant.

You're a star.

Comment

LOL Scoobs.... I admire your perseverance and principles.

We had the exact same problem with my own mother. My OH nearly left it got so bad.

All the same sort of things...criticizing my housework, moaning that dish drying cloths were used for lifting hot dishes (???), mattresses were too hard, that we waste food, that we have the heating on, sitting on sofa for much of day in dressing gown reading property mags and demanding attention, drinking too much and getting accusatory and hostile, criticizing my daughter and insinuating that her mild bad behaviour is a full blown psychological complaint caused by my parenting, bitching about every other family member, then being pseudo friendly to them in person, making faces when my partner spoke and saying (to his face) that the jury was still out on him, overfeeding and spoiling the dog, turning the cat into a spoilt monster through lavish cuddling, (ahhh and she couldn't get up off sofa for fear of disturbing cat), drinking too much and getting maudlin about the past, filling my kitchen with weird alternative remedies and formulas, juicing anything that moved and following crack new diets.....then drinking too much!, criticizing my home furnishings then going out and buying various RED items to 'brighten' up the (tasteful neutral) decor....then giving me the bill.

ooops sorry..was that a rant I fell into!

Been there hun....mucho sympathy...be strong.

Do you smoke?? If you don't now would be a good time to start! Well it's that or voddy!
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz Scooby you deserve a fecking medal hun.............If you want revenge bypass the prune juice and just give the old bag some 'special' chocolate from Boots with double strenght laxative in it..............teach her a bloody lesson if she's going to keep on moaningb about the food give her something to bloody moan at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi thanks for support -I am holding up well and feel better for getting it out of my system. Back to work tomorrow for a rest - and have decided may leave an anne summers outfit in a strategic place as I know snooping will occur when I am out of the house

Jan
          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Oh yes forgot = they are midsommers murders avid fans - so as a surprise took them to a pub which features in it . only comment - dont remember this pub- and apparently it was too cold inside. theres gratitude!
            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

pmsl................................

Comment

Blimey on reading all of that about your MIL & FIL Scooby and your mum Celestine, its makes me feel like my 85 year old, chain smoking in my house even though she has been asked repreatedly to smoke on the patio, 1985 astra van driving, mobile phone using whilst driving and smoking at same time, obnoxious, sarcastic, irritating, uber critical, argumentative, housework hating, nosey mother is quite normal. Yes guys she my mum and I love her but you ask why do I put up with her ? well here is the answer!!!!!!

Last edited by Sapphire; 24th March 2008, 21:53:PM. Reason: Was in bad taste - sorry

Comment

[quote=sapphire;52960]Blimey on reading all of that about your MIL & FIL Scooby and your mum Celestine, its makes me feel like my 85 year old, chain smoking in my house even though she has been asked repreatedly to smoke on the patio, 1985 astra van driving, mobile phone using whilst driving and smoking at same time, obnoxious, sarcastic, irritating, uber critical, argumentative, housework hating, nosey mother is quite normal. Yes guys she my mum and I love her but you ask why do I put up with her ? well here is the answer!!!!!!

Last edited by Sapphire; 24th March 2008, 21:53:PM. Reason: Sorry Gobby I had to remove it, I realised it was in bad taste hun

Comment

Ok Ok I was joking guys, I love my mum dearly and seriously would be mortified if anything happened to her. That last remark was done tongue in cheek and was trying to lighten things.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                      Ok Ok I was joking guys, I love my mum dearly and seriously would be mortified if anything happened to her. That last remark was done tongue in cheek and was trying to lighten things.
                      LOL Sapphy I know what you meant, trouble is - things get so taken the wrong way on here, only words and not expressions..

xx
                      Last edited by Xena; 24th March 2008, 23:55:PM.

Comment

Hi

things have calmed down a lot now - one week today and now they are settling in to our way of doing things.

To get away with only one or two major rows has been a miracle really - and I know at the end we will all be sorted - I will disagree strongly with them - they wont change their minds - and we will all learn to accept that. Its always the first few days that are the worst.

Back to loads of work - so more important things to worry about.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
                          Its always the first few days that are the worst.
                          Famous last words Scooby?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X