• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should Ched Evans be allowed to play football after sentence for rape?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Ched Evans be allowed to play football after sentence for rape?

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    Public opinion with a little help from the media won this one.
    Right or wrong??????????

Wales, in football, MONEY talks. Once the sponsors and patrons of a club start to suggest that they will leave then you start listening. If the fans were the only ones then Ched Evans would have already trained there
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Without it being so well publicised everywhere the Money would not have given a monkeys .

Comment

Well I just wonder of the woman he raped could go back to life as normal, very much doubt it so why should he?

Comment

When all the media attention goes away she will have a chance to get back to normal makes headlines pursuing him but as usual the victim is forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            When all the media attention goes away she will have a chance to get back to normal makes headlines pursuing him but as usual the victim is forgotten
            This may sound quite harsh and it is a bit picky but how does a raped woman "go back to normal"(media reporting or not)?

Comment

She has a chance I would imagine its a long road back even longer if he appeals and wins anything

Comment

If he was guilty he knows that showing remorse and admitting his guilt would go a long way towards getting him back onto a football pitch. Would he go through this just because he is too arrogant to say sorry? He just may be willing to lose everything rather than admit to a crime he did not commit.
                He was convicted so therefore he must be guilty so if he appeals and wins does that mean we will all suddenly believe him? The point I am making is that we are angry because he will not show remorse for a crime he insists he did not commit.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                ~ Anonymous

Comment

IF he had served a longer sentence then ........................ "maybe" he should be allowed to play again...........however IF he had served a longer sentence the chance of him being signed by another club would be very limited ..for reason he would be older and not have able to reach the fitness level for a top club to sign him.......................a longer sentence .....this debate /argument may not have arisen.

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                    If he was guilty he knows that showing remorse and admitting his guilt would go a long way towards getting him back onto a football pitch. Would he go through this just because he is too arrogant to say sorry? He just may be willing to lose everything rather than admit to a crime he did not commit.
                    He was convicted so therefore he must be guilty so if he appeals and wins does that mean we will all suddenly believe him? The point I am making is that we are angry because he will not show remorse for a crime he insists he did not commit.

Paws, have you read the case(I think I posted up the appeal which gives some idea of it)?
                    Personally, I can understand his anger and furthermore, the victim did not cry rape at the time. However, two people stood in court accused of the crime. One person accompanied her to the hotel and shared pizza whilst the other, chad evans, turned up later.
                    The issue at the court was about consent. Can someone inebriated or drunk give consent? In law, you can give consent to sex even when drunk. In my mind the jury saw the CCTV pictures of the first accused going the girl and decided that she did indeed knowingly go into a hotel and have sex with him and acquited him. However, they decided that Chad Evans came to the hotel with the intention of sex but that she may have been passed out at this point or may even have assumed it was the first defendent and therefore not consent to have sex with him. In that case, they decided, having heard both victim and ched evans, to convict him of rape on the basis that she did not consent to having sex with him. As some have already said, it was not a violent rape, where force was used, however, no consent is rape and it was under those circumstances that he appears to have been convicted of rape.

Comment

I understand what you are saying but a lot is hanging on whether she had actually passed the point of consent or not. I just do not like this trial by media stuff and I just think it is odd that despite his arrogance he would rather throw away his entire future than say sorry.
                      Another thing that is bugging me is the fact that yes, she did not cry rape at the time but she did eventually accuse Mc Donald as well as Evans. Now Mc Donald took her back to the room when she was already inebriated. If, as was suggested her drink was spiked it would have been McDonald who had the opportunity to spike it. It was also McDonald who called Evans and his mates and told them where he was. It was McDonald who let Evans into the room. If a rape was committed then McDonald facilitated that rape.
                      Rape is a horrible crime. I am often appalled that people who commit ‘white collar’ crimes get a harsher sentence than men who violate women in this way. I agree that nonviolent rape can be as horrific for a victim as the cases we see depicted on crime watch. I do not believe that just because a girl wears a short skirt and F. me shoes she is ‘asking for it’. What does make me angry is that anyone who does not react violently to Evens is afraid of being seen as taking Rape lightly. A bit like people who are secretly voting for UKIP are afraid to admit it because they will be branded as fascists or even racists. I am concerned that people are making a stand simply because it is fashionable to be seen as violently opposed to rape but are not as quick to object when a drunk driver kills two little boys because it is not as likely to grab headlines.
                      I also think that Evans and his mates are the scum of the earth. I also do not want to judge this girl or say categorically that she was not raped. She may have been unconscious and in that case they both should be punished accordingly. I have never been raped but I am honest enough to admit I have woken up with the dreaded ‘flash backs’ of a night before and not been able to decide if I wanted to shoot the bloke or myself.
                      Last edited by PAWS; 22nd November 2014, 13:48:PM.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                      ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X