• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gardening Thread

Now's the best time to use stump killer when the sap isn't rising. I did one about this time last year on a big tree. Drilled holes and it worked a treat but it did take several months to kill.

Comment

That time of year agian folks where I bore you all silly with my garden and veggies

Peed'orf - I will get you back and active on this thread... I need an update, are the cats out of the greenhouse, are growing again this year?

EXC - did you plant anything by the front wall?

RLJ - Hows your garden looking? Will you give the tomes one last bash?

Pkea - Is the sunflower production going again this year?

Scoobs - How is the garden coming along? Did the brambles come back?

Sapphire - Is the hedge dead? lol

Tanz- I saw on FB you built a birdhouse....anything visitors yet? Hows the veg patch going?

Wendy - are you growing carrots again?

HOD - hows your lovely garden?

Have I fogotten anyone??
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Well My Update, Got a little outdoor greenhouse as I'm not allowed to take over the windowsills in the new kitchen. lol

The kids are growing Sweetcorn, Lettuce, Peppers, Tomatoes, strawberries and potatoes.
        Ile be doing my sunflowers, just got my seeds the other day plus will buy a bag of normal seeds too.
        I have a few other unusual flower seeds I am attempting to grow as well such as Amaranthus Tricolor, Amorphophallus Kiusianus, Aqilegia 2McKana" as well as soem liliy seeds I have

Comment

What do you mean, again? i never got round to growing the first lot!

Am going to make an effort with the garden this year, didn't do much last year, but am having a big BBQ for OH's 40th Birthday in July so need to make it look good.

So far, have
          mowed the lawns, front and back
          chopped the manic fuschia and hydrangeas back

thought about doing stuff but haven't had the time

oh yes, and the tulips are in flower in the front garden and look lovely
          Is no longer here

Comment

lol@wendy well I remember you talking about planting carrots
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by PKea View Post
            Amaranthus Tricolor,
            Yummy in salads too you can eat the leaves and petals
            Last edited by Mochamoo; 4th April 2009, 10:52:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi

The brambles are slowly creeping back but yesterday we had another attack at them and they are not out of control yet .

I have a problem with an old victoria plum tree as it had sawfly last year - so we have dug up round the base as it apparently brings the larvae to the top and the birds eat them, and we have sprayed the tree as well. So this year I hope that problem is solved.

The many borders in the garden are way out of control but we have a young lad who is out of work who is helping us at the moment (same one as last year )and we are saving up to try and change some areas so they are a bit more low maintainance .Last years clearance has helped as we have found the edges of the garden now.

We just need to keep it tidy that would be an achievement .

I have lots of questions I can ask and I will try and post some photos later of the various problems

It is a lovely day here - just out to walk the dog
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Well this morning I went from this

to This

Comment

Pk someone stole yer greenhouse while you weren't looking. They must have gotten away through the open fence panel.

Comment

nice tree chopping Peeks, I chopped down 4 house high lleylandis in my garden once, destroyed the greenhouse and the shed - never let me loose with a chainsaw, I FIND things to cut.

Anyway been doing some gardening today myself, now my garden isnt a pile of rubbish. I plated up some tubs with petunias, begonias and things I don't know the names of, also sprinkled some Butterfly garden mix seedies in the rough shared ground out the back.

Need to get a big pot and some decent mud for some veggies, so thats next job.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We have a growbag with lettuce on the top balcony and tomatoes everywhere, starting the spring onions and raddish soon, loverly.

Comment

AHHHH I had forgotten about growbags...good plan cheers Nells, wonder how many i can carry in my Sholly lol
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Get em delivered from Tesco I bet they are cheep too

Comment

Wow Pkea, I bet your arms are killing! What a hell of a job , I had a lovely garden and really enjoyed looking after it, but since we had to move 4 years ago (to a flat, with not even a balcony), I havent done any, I miss it badly

So, any tips on indoor gardening welcome so far this year me n daisy have managed cress!! lol
                            Luminol x

Comment

Well done Pkea! I only got two of my trees down, chainsaw gave up half way through the first tree and had to do the rest with the hand saw and tree lopers. I gave up when the second one was done, will do the other two after the exterminator has removed the wasp nest and the chainsaw is fixed.

A loverly gentleman heard about my seedling joby and donated me his green house -its a whopping 3.5 m by 2.5m!!! So I spent today removing my raised beds getting bitten by zillions of very cross ants, can no longer see my legs through the ant bites

Hopefully whilst I am away the green house will magically construct itself Better do I planted 1000 seeds today and have officially run out of room

my perenial boarder collection arrived this afternoon and have just finished planting them out front Perennial : Perennial Collection - 40

Am now very happy but tired Going to have a bottle of wine and a Bath I think! I deserve it been out in the garden since 8am!

My Hardship Claim
                              Me VS Abbey Win
                              BIL HSBC Credit Card
                              BIL EGG
                              BIL HSBC Loan
                              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Luminol View Post
                                Wow Pkea, I bet your arms are killing! What a hell of a job , I had a lovely garden and really enjoyed looking after it, but since we had to move 4 years ago (to a flat, with not even a balcony), I havent done any, I miss it badly

So, any tips on indoor gardening welcome so far this year me n daisy have managed cress!! lol

Indoor gardening
                                You don't even have to have any outside space to grow your own. Potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, and herbs can be produced indoors in windowsills and under sinks. "Some vegetables thrive in containers on a windowsill or patio," says Barter. "Salad leaves, herbs, chillies, broad beans and beetroot will all grow indoors. It also means your plants are less likely be attacked by a pest or disease."
                                "The budget option would be to use old plastic bottles as pots, buckets, bins, or even an old pair of wellies," says Corner. "But if you have a little cash to spare then how about buying some planters, compost and seeds, which could cost as little as £30."
                                Economies of scale may mean the indoor option will not save as much, but the upside is by growing spuds indoors you won't find yourself furiously digging in the dark and rain in February to source the chips for dinner.
                                For more information, the RHS Grow Your Own campaign website offers hints and tips on getting started at http://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables; The Garden Organic website is at Garden Organic - celebrating 50 years of organic growing - organic gardening, farming and food, or call 024-7630 3517

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X