• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beagles Meet - Peterborough - Sat 31st May 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beagles Meet - Peterborough - Sat 31st May- EVERYONE WELCOME

and me

so sorry could not be there
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Thanks to all that managed to make it down to Peterborough.

It was good to meet up with new faces as well as those whom I'd already met previously.

I'm sure we may have put a couple of people off coming to another meet though..lol

Anyway a brief recap of the nights events

Most people landed in wetherspoons early evening, some earlier than others.
      We all donned our Beagles T Shirts, which gave everyone in the pub something to read while you were stood at bar.
      Some of us ate in Wetherspoons, while some went to a restaurant for a meal.
      Then we all met up again about half in wethers.
      Not sure what time we left there but we all moved on to the club.
      Some went straight into the club, some went into a sports bar next door.
      After an hour or so in the club we decided we would have a party in the hotel room.
      Cels room was first choice, but due to the lack of a sofa, Tom said that his room had a sofa so we all went there (which i'm sure he regretted mentioning, I kept my gob shut, no trashing my room)
      If from memory the people there were, Me, Nattie, Cel, Tom, Exc, Tempty, PJ, BTW, BTW's mate (sorry forgot her name, was it Sally?), Mocha, Saphire & MTM
      If i have forgot anyone ..oops sorry

Anyway I will post some more later

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
        BTW's mate (sorry forgot her name, was it Sally?)
        It was Shell she did promise to sign up, so will give her a nudge
        You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

Originally posted by ByTheWay View Post
          It was Shell she did promise to sign up, so will give her a nudge

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            You know what I mean lol. See what happens when I don't consider my posts carefully?

Comment

I had a fab night and found out some interesting connections that I have with other users.

Froggy and Tom, sorry if I used you both as props to keep me upright:noidea:

I couldnt sleep, I am going to blame the hotel (nothing to do with vodka redbulls)

So I arrived at my nan's at 8 am for a surprise breakfast, I may still have been drunk as the sore head didnt kick in till lunch time lol

Thanks to everyone who organised it I had a fab time :kiss:
              When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by argentarius View Post
                Thanks for all the comments. It's not as bad news as it might sound. Work has been an increasingly unhappy place to be in a number of ways, both from the point of view of the company (business not doing at all well) and me (not getting much recognition from boss, getting passed over for promotion, all that sort of thing). So I was ready for a change, but lacked the impetus to walk out.

The redundancy terms are good, and another job is looking good (but still waiting for official confirmation). If the "other job" works out, it will be >100 miles from here (and the opposite side of London), hence the need to sell.

I'm not actively looking for anything else around here, either, because my present work are insisting on me staying on for 5 months, so there's not a huge rush to find another position. There's not a lot of work on offer, near here (or anywhere else in the country actually :@), in my area of experience either, so the one job I think I am likely to get is a tremendous thing to have.

And I think from a family point of view that it wouldn't be bad to move house now. My daughter is 2.5 years old so she can cope well with it. She's very sociable and she'll make new friends quickly enough. Better to move now, well before she starts school.
                Update to my rather off-topic post.

This morning I was offered the other job a long way from here; tonight I have accepted it and I'll start in November.

On with selling the house - after we get back from holiday - and sorting things out.

Comment

Congratulations on that job offer Argy, I really hope you enjoy the fresh start.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

well done Argy

Enjoy your holiday
                    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Good News Argentarius. Congratulations

Comment

Thats fantastic news, enjoy your hols.....

Comment

Nice one Arge and good luck with everything else Enaid x

Comment

Nice one Argy

Comment

Well done Argen, good luck with your new job and selling your home. You are right about your daughter, tis a very good time to move at that age, the upheaval won't affect her making friends and she will love having a new home to explore

OK, I have a question for everyone who went to the meet. We all maybe had preconceptions about the members we'd not met before (and that was everyone for me lol) so I am wondering if anyone was surprised at how wrong they were. I didn't particularly put much thought into what everyone looked like etc, but you do sort of visualise people without realising it. i.e I thought Mocha was older and would be more 'homely' whereas she is a very pretty and elegant woman. Sapphy too surprised me, I'd imagined her very tall (for some reason, tho not saying you are a shorty Sapph lol!!) Oh and Tom Brennan....mmmmm what a dish, really didn't expect to think that lol!
                              PJ thought I was a perm and glasses woman lmao...and Tools thought I would be older, tho he was too chicken to give me numbers lol

So, c'mon guys, fess up!

Comment

So, c'mon guys, fess up!

I truly wish I could love, but then no one would buy the book would they????????????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X