• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Family Tree thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Family Tree thread

Well...
    so far, remembering I'm more irish than I am english:
    I was raised believe I had: Granny Nellie, Granddad Ned, Aunts Ruby, Joyce, Nancy Eileen and Uncles Stephen and Teddy.
    Dad was Bobby.
    As I grew older I began to wonder why the Irish side of the family called him Jack, so I asked mum and was told his name is actually John, but the Irish call people called John, Jack.
    Well I knew this as my mum's dad was a John who was known as Jackeen by family (little Jack in Gaelic).

I spoke to my cousin today and she has told me, Granddad Ned and Uncle Teddy were both Edward (yep I can understand that one) Nancy was Anne (apparently thats an Irish thing again) Eileen was Mary Ellen (?) Ruby was Mary Rebbeca (2 Marys as sisters?!? and where did Ruby come from?) Granny Nellie's name was Agnes (where did they get Nellie from?) and Joyce is Agnes Mary Rose.. How the hell did they get Joyce out of Agnes Mary Rose???

Comment

I've had similar experiences Puff, my mums brother Dick, his real name was Gordon, her other brother Doug was in fact Richard and my mum was known as Joyce but her birth name was Lillian. Now I know that she was called Joyce because her mum was also Lillian, so they called her her middle name to stop confusion.
      I was in fact called Josephine when I was born, but my dad changed his mind at the last minute at the registrars and named me after one of the actresses who played alongside Sean Connery in a 007 film, Dr No.

Comment

yeh my ex did that one, all the way through his wife's pregnancy he was talking about the name, either Celestine (he's french canadian) or Alexander. Baby was born and he rang me and said WE HAVE A LITTLE DANIELLE!!
        Where did Danielle come from?!?!

Oh and I collect stupid names, and George has 5 Euphemias!! Who calls their kid Euphemia?

On our side we have a Cornelious, a Nimrod (yes as a first name) Leahta (no I am not making this up) and a Sidebottom as a first name!!

Oh and just out of interest, has it ever been legal for brothers and sisters to marry each other? NO im not thinking of marrying my own brother (wrong side of London for that one) but whilst looking for a family member I noticed a couple (brother and sister) marrying in a church but this was in the early late 1790s

Comment

wrong side of London for that one

msl: I always say once you get over that QE2 bridge the air gets thinner, I can't wait to get back over this side, the only good thing south of the Thames is Gatwick, oh and Heathrow lol.

Re: siblings marrying, I think it did go on years ago, but was never really spoken about, blimey you only have to go back through our own Royal Family to see a fine example of interbreeding.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X