• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
    Sounds a probable then Teaboy-lol

btw--get your council to sort out the Diversion Signs better---went round in circles on way to Whitby other day-pmsl

ps-Can Sapphy or Cel add Leclerc to the Possibles in post 102-{EDIT--Thankyou}

OH mate tell me about, takes me forever to get across the dam road in the middle of town now. The congestion, from the road works where their building the junction, in the town itself is unbelivable. Before i could just jay walk across and stick my finger up at any one that pipped the horn, now i have to pull my pants down just to get the traffic to stop and let me cross lol.

it is a probable, as i just waiting for an answer to whether things can be arranged for new dates, though it depends on if the other parties are all avalible on the new dates or not. Fingers crossed though.
    Last edited by teaboy2; 23rd January 2012, 08:51:AM.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I have booked my accommodation Bootham Gardens looks very nice and very resonable for single occupancy and best still I could reserve the room and not pay he whole lot straight away

Ooooooh I'm getting excited now

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
        I have booked my accommodation Bootham Gardens looks very nice and very resonable for single occupancy and best still I could reserve the room and not pay he whole lot straight away

Great..i might have other info for you later..lol

Comment

Also...Oporto will hold a small 10 question quiz for a £75 bottle of Port during the weekend...thanks Oporto

Comment

Hi Monz

Really pleased you are coming and look forward to meeting you hun.

Is the accomadation close to the town centre?

[Oporto
            I was going to suggest the New ice skating rink--But Turbo advised against it.:tinysmile_hmm_t2: ]

Turbs is right hun not a good idea for me, difficult enough for me to stand on my own two feet let alone on skates, Tried it when I was young and could not hang of it but I admire anyone who can though.

The YORK Eye sounds fun, not been on the London Eye yet but there again living in London I do know all the sights anyway.

Whatever we do hun it will be down to costs as many cannot afford to do expensive stuff. Can you please post up costs so that we can get an idea.

The chocolate factory, is that nearby or would we need transport?

Comment

1000 yards from York
              1200 yards from York Station
              600 yards from Bootham Bar
              700 yards from St. Mary's Abbey
              700 yards from York Theatre Royal
              700 yards from York Minster

So within good walking distance of everything I think and as I walk everywhere anyway normally a 30/40 min walk for me is normal lol.

Ice skating probably not a great idea for me I have chronic clumsiness and ice and blades not a good idea lol but those of us that didn't want to skate could maybe have a coffee or something if they have a cafe or go off for a wander?

I'll be giving the York Eye a miss too - terrified of heights! But I really would like to go to the Minster, to Yorvic and the railway museum

Been having a nosey and it would seem that you can get a pass to Jorvic, DIG, Barley Hall and Micklegate Bar Museum for £16 (adult) and it is valid for a year too! Though I am not sure that's right........ seems too good to be true doesn't it? Found it on here :

Jorvik Viking Centre | Visit Jorvik
              Jorvik Viking Centre | YAT Pass

Seems excellent value to me!!

York Wheel - £8.50 for an adult here http://www.york-wheel.metaltype.co.uk/

Will have a good nosey at other stuff costs as long as no one minds - I'm bored still recovering!

Comment

Yep--good booking Monz and super website too---keep up the research

http://www.visityork.org/accommodati...8#Availability

If we say Parliament Street (where Marks and Spencer is) is the cente of activity

Shell & Monz very close to each other and 10 mins away
                Cel 10 mins away
                Hilton --Turbs(2),Tuttsi(2),Mrs James(2),Sapphire(2),Jax are 5 mins away
                Bill & Maxie staying with Oporto and Son (local) out of town---(you have my sympathy Oporto---you really do-lol)
                Teaboy(local-ish) being also "managed" by Oporto
                Cyn local -- near Oporto

Turbs

Hoping to meet Oporto & Cyn on Friday to plan meet locations etc

Is the Rowntrees visit/walk Oporto?
                York, City of Chocolate - the Story of Cravens, Rowntrees and Terrys in the Chocolate Industry UK
                Last edited by Turboman; 23rd January 2012, 16:54:PM.

Comment

OK have found a couple of other suggestions for stuff to do -

Boat trips - they go about every 30/40 mins and costs £7.50 for adults, £6.50 concessions and £3.50 for children for about 45 mins. They have disabled access to the boats. Early evening and floodlit evening cruises are more expensive but under £10. There are also lunch/dinner cruises and they are £25 for adults/concessions and £15 for children.
                  York Boat - Home River Cruises, Birthday Cruises, City Cruises, York, North Yorkshire

The Ice factor is for ice skating (obviously lol) it's £9.50 for adults, £8.50 kids and concessions - The Ice FactorThe Ice Factor it says it's just over a mile from York station and accessible by public transport.

OOOOOHHHHH here's good 'un York Brewery - Historic Brewery and Visitor Attraction located in York, YO1 6JX
                  Adults £6, seniors £5.00, kids £3.50 - This includes sampling beer

Open top bus tours around York - http://www.transdevyork.co.uk/
                  Adults £10, Kids £4, Concessions £7.50 (there are other companies)

In addition to the ghost walks already suggested there's the York Horror Tour which sounds fun (read terrifying lol) York Horror Tour
                  Adults £5, kids £2.50 but it says depending on events prices may vary.

York Viking Walk http://www.yorkvikingwalk.com/
                  adults £5, kids £3.

**Some of the prices might be different I have taken them from the websites but they might be 2011 or out of season prices**

Well there's a few ideas lol

Comment

well done monz---keep it up--and after i've met oporto and cyn on friday--we'll post asummary with cost

can you research how long it takes for jorvik/minster/castle museum etc so we know which attraction takes what time to see?

Turbs
                    OK have found a couple of other suggestions for stuff to do -

Boat trips - they go about every 30/40 mins and costs £7.50 for adults, £6.50 concessions and £3.50 for children for about 45 mins. They have disabled access to the boats. Early evening and floodlit evening cruises are more expensive but under £10. There are also lunch/dinner cruises and they are £25 for adults/concessions and £15 for children.
                    York Boat - Home River Cruises, Birthday Cruises, City Cruises, York, North Yorkshire

The Ice factor is for ice skating (obviously lol) it's £9.50 for adults, £8.50 kids and concessions - The Ice FactorThe Ice Factor it says it's just over a mile from York station and accessible by public transport.

OOOOOHHHHH here's good 'un York Brewery - Historic Brewery and Visitor Attraction located in York, YO1 6JX
                    Adults £6, seniors £5.00, kids £3.50 - This includes sampling beer

Open top bus tours around York - http://www.transdevyork.co.uk/
                    Adults £10, Kids £4, Concessions £7.50 (there are other companies)

In addition to the ghost walks already suggested there's the York Horror Tour which sounds fun (read terrifying lol) York Horror Tour
                    Adults £5, kids £2.50 but it says depending on events prices may vary.

York Viking Walk http://www.yorkvikingwalk.com/
                    adults £5, kids £3.

**Some of the prices might be different I have taken them from the websites but they might be 2011 or out of season prices**

Well there's a few ideas lol

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                      well done monz---keep it up--and after i've met oporto and cyn on friday--we'll post asummary with cost

can you research how long it takes for jorvik/minster/castle museum etc so we know which attraction takes what time to see?

Turbs

Yeah will do I'm just looking for ahem, night clubs rofl

Comment

OK nightclubs have been mentioned so -

Vudu Lounge is York's premier Cocktail and Champagne Bar with a menu of over 150 cocktails, catering for York's cool and trendy. Live DJ Thursday - Friday - Saturday until 3a.m.Is on Swinegate.

Bar and Club salvation, George Hudson Street, York. Open till 4.30am

The Gallery - Clifford St, York

There's also Ziggy's, Flares and Bohemia

Monz X

Comment

Bill was kind enough to message me and inform me of this meeting and i would very much like to come along and meet some folks ive known of for some years, so im currently looking for somewhere to stay and i also must consult my partner to see if she would also like to join us. meantime please add me & partner to the probables. Will get back and confirm asap. Never been to York, and like Turbo, my birthday 13th toooooo.-PB
                          ask and you might get - never ask and you will never know

Comment

Originally posted by pawnbrokers View Post
                            Bill was kind enough to message me and inform me of this meeting and i would very much like to come along and meet some folks ive known of for some years, so im currently looking for somewhere to stay and i also must consult my partner to see if she would also like to join us. meantime please add me & partner to the probables. Will get back and confirm asap. Never been to York, and like Turbo, my birthday 13th toooooo.-PB
                            Hey---PB---bloody hell

Would be great for me/Bill/Shell/Maxie/PPmartim/Jimmy to meet you plus others you know

ps-Cel-can you amend the list --Thanks

Comment

Updated List

Definite (Booked)

Bill-k
                              Maxie Girl
                              Turbo & Mrs Turbo
                              Sapphire & Mr Sapphire
                              Tuttsi & Mr Tuttsi
                              Mrs James & Mr James
                              Jax
                              Celestine
                              Cynthesis
                              Oporto + son
                              Shell
                              Montzer

Possibles

Exc
                              Amethyst & Tools
                              Teaboy
                              Mrs Bill-k
                              SpringerSpaniel
                              Charitynjw
                              Leclerc
                              Pawnbrokers & Partner

Comment

Well done Monz for all your hard work with all the information so far, you are brilliant at all this research.

I guess then we ought to know how long each attaction takes so that we can plan what we are doing on each day and costs involved:-

Friday pm, Sat AM, Sat PM, Sun AM

The boat trip, chocolate factory, York Brewery, giant wheel etc all sounds lovey and so does many of the other attractions mentioned it is now just a question of fitting everything in the short weekend and what is afordable for most peeps.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X