• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

So when's the next one? lol, did someone mention Brighton or did I dream it? lol x

Comment

Brighton has been mentioned but received violent opposition from the Northerners LOL.

Naturally I'd LOVE it!!
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Anybody know if "Attachments" are fixed or shall I use Photobucket?-----got loads ---as has everybody too

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        So looking forward to seeing your photo's folks x

Comment

Go for PhotoBucket please xx
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I dont know Turbs, I guess just try and see if it works lol.

Took us just under 4 hours with a few quick stops as well as dropping off Maxie and Jax right to their doors.

Not sure I can think of anther meet just at the present moment as both Mr T and I are completely exhausted.

Any suggestions for another meet and any one prepared to put in some hard graft to ensure that the weekend goes smoothly.

I have to say that the hotel was amazing with all the organisation, they decorated the cake really nice, blew up all the balloons tieing them to the weights on the table and they provided the party poppers on the table, little stars as well. The finishing touches made the table really special.

20 for dinner was a great success and everyone was delighted with the food, the atmosphere and the evening was enjoyed by all.

After Cel's epic speech even other tables of diners clapped as it was very emotional as she poured out the history out of Beagles right up to the present day and introduced all the new comers and how we have helped them stand up for themselves against Bailiffs etc.

The fact that Ame and Tools + all 5 kids came and supported Beagles meant a great deal to us and especfially to Kate as this was important to thank them both for all their hard work over the years and especfially for the kids to know what a great site Beragles is and the work that their parents put in to make it what Beagles is today.

Everyone who came I am sure will all agree with me that York was a really good town to meet and all the attractions were all relatively close and central to where we were and the places that Turbs picked like the Three Tuns and Stonegate were all fantastic. Tea at Betty's was really good and we could not eat everything so took away two boxes of sandwiches and cakes which i gave to some hungary children.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have just come home from ''THE'' most ''AMAZING'' weekend ''EVER'' but more importantly, I was highly honoured to have spent it with ''THE'' MOST AMAZING FOLKS EVER'' And it was just simply ''FANTASTIC'' I lurveeeeeeeeeee YOU guys even more so now.. xxxxx And I'd like to say a HUGE Thank You to YOU ALL....xxxxxxx

Could someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me a link to the pics posted as I'm lost in here now and can't find anything until I get me head around this new layout.. Thank You..xxx

Comment

Well ... home now thanks to Mr and Mrs Tuts. So pleased I was able to make it in the end and to catch up with the usual reprobates and some new ones too. Really lovely to see some new faces in Maxigirl, Pawnbroker (and Mrs P2B!!), Monzter, SpringerSpaniel and Cynthesis and do hope they'll all come along again.

Such a shame Enaid and Sapph couldn't make this trip - missed you both!

Also a huge huge thank you to all those (Turbs, Tuttsi and Celestine) who put in such a massive amount of work, time and effort to make this a really special event and also the special guest stars .... Tools, Amethyst and 5 little beagles (great to see you guys!).

Lovely city, great choice, lots to see and do, fabulous evening Saturday and so many of us too! Great meal and wonderful company - what more can you ask for??

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Me? I'm awa to me bed ............ LOL!!

jaxx

Comment

Ok--I'll post up though with Photobucket individual photos rather than a single album link and then show others from the Meet the technique if they dont know it--but see here

How to Use Photobucket (revision)

OR---if you can't be ars.ed----send the best ones to me via E-Mail ----and I'll send you back an E-mail with the links you can post under your own name on the thread (from my photobucket account)

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                  Go for PhotoBucket please xx
                  Last edited by Turboman; 6th May 2012, 17:54:PM.

Comment

A copy of the LB Quiz....for all those wondering where it all went so wrong.........

1. What is the common name for Japanese horseradish?
                    WASABI
                    2. From the year 1980. The following are last lines from songs. Can you name each song title? One point for each correct answer.

a. I'm gonna be your number one

b. Let's take a chance and fly away somewhere

c. I gotta have some of your attention give it to me

d. Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you
                    Answers:
                    a. The Tide Is High (Blondie)

b. (Just Like) Starting Over (John Lennon)

c. Brass In Pocket (Pretenders)

d. Super Trouper (ABBA)

3. What is the stage name of Sir Thomas John Woodward? Tom Jones
                    4.Name the French cartoon skunk that is madly in love with a reluctant cat? Pepe le Pew
                    5. What is the name of Sherlock Holmes' housekeeper? Mrs Hudson
                    6. What animal is on the cover of The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds album? Goat
                    7. Based on the total amount of visitors each year, name the eight most popular museums in the world? One point for each correct answer.
                    In order; The Louvre, Centre Pompidou (Paris), Tate Modern (London), British Museum (London), Metropolitan Museum (New York), National Gallery (Washington), Vatican Museum, National Gallery (London)

8. The following are the last words to which number one UK hit songs from 1970? One point for each correct answer.

a. Nobody knows like me

b. I will ease your mind

c. Go to the place that's the best

d. And we got to get ourselves back to the garden

e. Go back where you been
                    Answers:

a. Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) (Edison Lighthouse)

b. Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel)

c. Spirit In The Sky (Norman Greenbaum)

d. Woodstock (Matthew's Southern Comfort)

e. I hear You Knocking (Dave Edmund's Rockpile)

9. With 202,080 km, which country has the longest coastline in the world?
 a. Australia b. Indonesia c. Russia d. Canada

10. In which country were the following musicians born? One point for each correct answer.

a. Freddie Mercury
 b. Joe Strummer
 c. Engelbert Humperdinck
 d. Manfred Mann
 e. Stewart Copeland
 f. Chris de Burgh
 g. Eddie van Halen

Answers:
 a. Zanzibar
 b. Turkey
 c. India
 d. South Africa
 e. Egypt
 f. Argentina
 g. Holland

11. Which two Disney 'characters' appear in the Bond film Diamonds Are Forever? Bambi & Thumper (bodyguards)

12. Which millionaire first introduced a free school milk program in Chicago to combat rickets?
 a. Al Capone
 b. Richard W. Sears
 c. Hugh Hefner

13. The following is a list of some of the songs banned by the BBC. Name the artist.

a. Invisible Sun (1981)

b. Hi Hi Hi (1972)

c. Je t'aime moi non plus (1969)

d. Don't Let's Be Beastly To The Germans (1942)

e. Love To Love You Baby (1975)

f. They're Coming To Take Me Away ha haaa (1966)
                    Answers
 a. The Police
 b. Wings
 c. Jane Birken and Serge Gainsbourg
 d. Noel Coward
 e. Donna Summer
 f. Napoleon XIV
                    14. George Bernard Shaw is the only person to have won which award and prize? Academy award (for adapted screenplay "Pygmalion") and the Nobel prize for literature.

15. General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna (of Alamo fame) had two funerals. The first one took place while he was President of Mexico and he himself was a mourner. What was put to rest in this pompous 'funeral'? His amputated leg.
                    16. Pluto orbits our sun once every how many years? 
 a. 8 years 
 b. 16 years 
 c. 86 years 
 d. 248 years

17. A colour and the name for a runaway slave in 17th and 18th century West Indies. Maroon

18. Who made a voyage of discovery to the Galapagos islands aboard HMS Beagle? Charles Darwin
                    Last edited by Celestine; 6th May 2012, 18:09:PM.

Comment

What Cel failed to mention that she muddled up the numbering and got everyone confused including herself.

It was great Cel - just make it more child friendly in future so that I can get more answers.

The winner was Ame and kids - well done hun xx

Comment

10. In which country were the following musicians born? One point for each correct answer.

a. Freddie Mercury
 b. Joe Strummer
 c. Engelbert Humperdinck
 d. Manfred Mann
 e. Stewart Copeland
 f. Chris de Burgh
 g. Eddie van Halen

Answers:
 a. Zanzibar
 b. Turkey
 c. India
 d. South Africa
 e. Egypt
 f. Argentina
 g. Holland

Heyyyyyy TURBS (you're a Freddie Mercury fan aren't you?).... ANY ideas why ZANZIBAR is underlined in RED???

LOL!

jaxx

Comment

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
                          Heyyyyyy TURBS (you're a Freddie Mercury fan aren't you?).... ANY ideas why ZANZIBAR is underlined in RED???
                          jaxx

Because it is the old name for India--pmsl----how embarrassing

I'll expand later--but what a great weekend with all really nice people---(omg Pawnbrokers-me & Bill couldn't stop laughing on friday night in 3 Tuns--lol)

Anyway --fatigue creeping in--and I'm leaving photos till morning

Do photos tomorrow--if anybody wants me to post theirs in Photobucket as above

As you aint got my E-Mail addy-you can use this one me & Bill receive PPI stuff from people--and then I'll move em to my PC

Simiantics@gmail.com

Hope you dont mind Bill using our joint E-Mail addy--but at least you'll be able to veto some before I get them

LOL!

ps--Whos got a photo of Maxie kissing a Vikings Knight AND a Cockney too?
                          Whos got a photo of Cel .....

Tomorrow folks--going to bed-nite

Last edited by Turboman; 7th May 2012, 07:12:AM. Reason: removed Rep v Thanks confusion

Comment

Just got home. Thank you everyone for making it such a wonderful meet. I don't know about anyone else, but I had agreat time, so thank you once again.

Comment

Originally posted by jax007 View Post

LOL!

jaxx

Hmmm.!!! No pressure hun, but..... Some explaining to be done here me thinks Turbs.. LOL

Comment

You a bit forward Maxie-considering my photos to come--

Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
                                Hmmm.!!! No pressure hun, but..... Some explaining to be done here me thinks Turbs.. LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X